CALL FOR PAPERS
MSU – IMM GRADUATE SCHOOL INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH CONFERENCE 2024
20 – 22 MARCH 2024
VENUE: MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY, GWERU
The 2024 MSU-IMM Graduate School International Research Conference will be held at Midlands State University Main Campus, Gweru, Zimbabwe. The purpose of this international research conference is to bring together researchers to present and discuss issues that resonate with the conference theme: “Reimagining innovate and integrative solutions for economic development”. The global community faces unprecedented challenges that require innovative and integrative solutions to achieve sustainable economic development. The United Nations has recognized this need and has adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, which comprises 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The SDGs provide a framework for countries to address social, economic, and environmental challenges in a comprehensive and integrated manner. The goals are interconnected and require collaboration among stakeholders to achieve sustainable development. The SDGs call for the eradication of poverty, the reduction of inequality, and the protection of the planet, among other critical areas. Within this context, the COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of achieving the SDGs and the need for innovative and integrative solutions. The pandemic has exposed the vulnerabilities of the global economic system, particularly in developing countries and then urgent need to reimagine innovative and integrative solutions that promote sustainable economic development. In this regard, Midlands State University – IMM Graduate School International Research Conference has a critical role to play. The conference provides a platform for researchers, academics, and practitioners to share knowledge and ideas on innovative and integrative solutions for economic development. The conference can therefore contribute to the achievement of the SDGs by promoting research that addresses the challenges faced by society in a comprehensive and integrated manner.
In light of the foregone, the MSU-IMM Graduate School International Research Conference will provide a platform for showcasing thought-provoking research on contemporary and vexing economic development issues focussing (not exclusively) on the following sub-themes:
- Marketing development in the virtual front
- The nexus of forces in IT driving e-commerce
- Disruptive innovations as a source of competitive advantage
- The savvy consumer in the 21st century
- Knowledge management, challenges and opportunities in the borderless world
- Reopening the mind of the strategist
- The internet of things
- Redefining business space
- Web 2.0 in business
- Sustainable and responsible marketing management
- Marketing innovations and business resilience and sustainability
- Energy economics in Southern Africa
N.B. Selected 5 best papers will be awarded prizes. Authors will present a 20-30 minute power point presentation during the MSU-IMM Graduate School International Research Conference at Midlands State University, Gweru, Zimbabwe.
Abstracts are due 15 December 2023
An abstract of between 150 to 200 words should be submitted. The abstract should include an indication of the purpose of the research, the research approach taken, the methods used and the key (expected) findings. The abstract should be written (and submitted) in Times New Roman, Font 12, 1.5 Spacing.
Notification of successful abstracts will be done on 30 December 2023
Full papers should be submitted by 20 January 2024 to email@example.com
Authors’ detailed guidelines are as follows:
- Type, 12 point, Times New Roman
- 1-inch (2.5cm) for all margins and 1.5 spacing for entire text
- A separate cover page should include the topic of the paper, affiliation, author’s name, contact number and email address.
- Please indicate the above information only on the cover page and not anywhere else
- All submission should be in MS Word.
- All submissions will be forwarded to our Paper Review Panel for double-blind review.
- Once the submission is accepted, at least one of the authors must register for and present the paper at the conference.
- Final copies of accepted papers will be professionally published as edited conference proceedings in the Midlands State University Journal, The Dyke.
- All submissions should use Harvard style of referencing and be sent as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Accepted papers will be published in the Midlands State University Journal, The Dyke.
- Length of papers: Between 6000 to 8000 words including the reference list. Authors of accepted papers will be notified through e-mail by 20 February 2024.
Dr D.K. Nyahunzvi
Call for Papers Committee Chair
Midlands State University,
Faculty of Business Sciences
P Bag 9055,
Telephone: +263 778 813 083