Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
JOB TITLE: SECRETARY
CAMPUS: GWERU, ZVISHAVANE, HARARE, BULAWAYO,
- 5 ‘O’ levels including English Language
- National Diploma or Higher National Diploma in Secretarial Studies
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar function
- Computer Literate in MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving, screening visitors and assisting as necessary.
- Actioning correspondence and calls on behalf of the Head of Department – prioritizing and responding to enquiries by letter, telephone and email, directing them as appropriate.
- Maintaining diaries and arranging appointments.
- Receiving incoming and outgoing mails and directing them to their relevant departments.
- Receiving papers for meetings and preparing files.
- Preparing correspondences and reports using various software applications such as word, spreadsheets, databases, and graphics packages
- Maintaining records through retrieving, retaining, storing, compiling, coding and updating files as appropriate.
- Ordering of office supplies for departments and issuance of the same and ensuring that office equipment is in working order.
- Monitoring monthly departmental expenditures
- Coordination of travel itineraries for meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops
- Helping in the organization of special projects, events and office activities
- Serving tea and refreshments
- Photocopying and printing documents for the office
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. Closing date for applications is 8 December 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.