MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
DEPARTMENT OF MUSIC BUSINESS, MUSICOLOGY & TECHNOLOGY
Music Technician (2 Posts)
Qualifications and experience
- Five ordinary level subjects including English language.
- An Honours Degree in Music from a recognised institution with at least a 2.1.
- Music Instrumental performance skills.
- Practical skills to tune musical instruments.
- Ability to engage in sound engineering on both analogue and digital equipment in studio and live set ups.
- Understanding of basic electronics in handling the equipment.
- Understanding of the application of global, regional and local trends in the music technologies applied in the music industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Setting and preparing equipment for practical lessons in relation to the lecturers’ needs.
- Keeping an inventory and maintenance of the music departmental assets.
- Undertaking repairs of musical instruments.
- Setting up sound reinforcement systems for university functions.
- Setting up of equipment for all departmental practical examinations.
*NB Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates, and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place, and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s), and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single-scan pdf format.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org