Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
POST: ASSISTANT LIBRARIAN- ZVISHAVANE CAMPUS
The Assistant Librarian is responsible for supporting staff and students in a particular Faculty by providing access to relevant library resources and teaching information literacy skills. They also manage the Faculty’s library collections, oversee the Library’s services and operations, and engage in scholarly and professional activities to enhance the Library’s service.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc Degree in Library and Information Science
- OR any other Degree plus a Diploma or Higher National Diploma in Library and Information Science.
- At least two (2) years post-qualification experience in a university library at the Administrative Assistant level or 4 years at Chief Library Assistant Level.
- A Master of Science Degree in Library and Information Science will be an added
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the library maintains a conducive studying environment in the branch library.
- Participate in providing general library orientation sessions to students and staff.
- Participate in collection development of the branch library.
- Assists in the training of information retrieval skills.
- Monitor the effectiveness of library services in the branch library.
- Supervise staff performing library shelving, and weekend and night duties.
- Assisting in the implementation of library policies and standard operating procedures.
- Management and supervisory skills.
- In-depth appreciation of information and digital skills literacy is a prerequisite.
- Demonstrate a very good understanding of Education 5.0 and broad knowledge and expertise in achieving user satisfaction.
- Strong interpersonal skills
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates, and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place, and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s), and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single-scan pdf format. The closing date for applications is 17 March 2023. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org