MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following posts:
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
POST A: COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER (GRAPHIC DESIGNING) -1 POST- GWERU
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Media and Society Studies or Creative Arts and Design or related.
- At least two (2) years working experience as a Graphic Designer, Illustrator or a related role.
- A professional course in Graphic Design will be an added advantage.
- Outstanding Graphic Design Portfolio.
Experience / Knowledge/ Qualities
- Creativity to build new ideas and design concepts as per the University’s needs.
- Editing and adjusting design drafts with recommendations for final approval.
- Create the visual concept of pictures, art, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of the communications.
- Knowledge of font size and style to enhance the readability of text and images.
- Hands-on experience in image editing tools and graphic design software; InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, etc.
- Photography and video filming.
- Must be able to meet production targets with minimum supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Front end Web designing.
- Formulation and designing of University publications and advertisements in both print and digital forms.
- Designing of University signage and promotional material.
- Exhibition and events management including stand designs.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Adobe design packages and Corel Draw.
- Highly creative, innovative, dynamic and self-driven individual with a passion for combining artistic skills within the digital and print spaces.
- Solid graphic design experience in front end web development and social media pages
- Must demonstrate knowledge of corporate brand development, management and sustenance.
- Must have basic appreciation of copy editing, script writing and news gathering.
- Good interpersonal skills.
POST B: COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER (1 POST- HARARE)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A degree in English and Communication.
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar or related position.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Solid knowledge of marketing techniques and principles
- A team player with customer-oriented approach
- Social media management skills
- Must be creative and be able to generate content for the University newsletter
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Power Point and Pastel
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Good networking skills
- Attention to detail
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Corporate communication: Draft University publications e.g Annual reports, newsletters, press/news release articles and advertisements
- Gather information and draft newsletters and reports
- Public and stakeholder relations
- Must be able to meet performance targets
- Respond to stakeholder queries
- Actively participate in activities that market the University locally and abroad
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Marketing and Public Relations Director
NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
This advert will remain active until all the advertised posts have been filled.
Applicants should clearly state the post being applied for in the subject line. It should also be noted that non-adherence to any of the above instructions will automatically cause the application to be disqualified.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com