APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM SUITABLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED PERSONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POST:
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please note that the duties and responsibilities of a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor and Professor are grouped into 5 main categories which are:
(a) Teaching – the incumbent is expected to teach or deliver lectures in accordance to the Department and or Faculty guidelines and standards.
(b) University Service and Community engagement – the incumbent should participate in all Department, Faculty/School and University activities such as attending meetings, training workshops, conferences and seminars, among others.
(c) Research – the incumbent is expected to engage in active research in his/her area of specialization which benefits both the students and the University.
(d) Innovations – leading to tangible products and services
(e) Industrialisation –through commercialisation of products
- FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics
Post: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor (1 Post)
- First degree in Mathematics or Statistics
- Masters in Biostatistics or Mathematics or Epidemiology or any closely related field
- PhD or studying towards PhD in Biostatistics/Epidemiology/Statistics or any related field
- Experience in postgraduate teaching will be an added advantage
- A deep knowledge of major statistical and mathematical packages like Stata, R- software, MATLAB will be an added advantage.
- Evidence of Research interests and experience in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Statistics or Public Health.
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate must be capable of supervising both undergraduate and postgraduate students’ research work, assess students on Work Related Learning and must be able to teach at least two modules selected from the following list of Master of Science in Biostatistics and Epidemiology modules;
- Generalised linear models
- Multivariate analysis
- Infectious diseases Modelling
- Epidemiology of Chronic diseases
- Experimental Design and Analysis of Clinical Trials
- Bioassays and modelling.
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar of Human Resource
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
Alternatively, the application pack can be sent as a single merged pdf file to email address email@example.com. The subject line should be labelled with the post being applied for.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 26 April 2021. Note that only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.