MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following posts:
Please note that the duties and responsibilities of a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor and Professor are grouped into 5 main categories which are:
(a) Teaching – the incumbent is expected to teach or deliver lectures in accordance to the Department and or Faculty guidelines and standards.
(b) University Service and Community engagement – the incumbent should participate in all Department, Faculty/School and University activities such as attending meetings, training workshops, conferences and seminars, among others.
(c) Research – the incumbent is expected to engage in active research in his/her area of specialization which benefits both the students and the University.
(d) Innovations – leading to tangible products and services
(e) Industrialisation –through commercialisation of products
FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Department of Applied Physics and Telecommunications
- Physics (1 Posts – Full Time Lecturer)
- A minimum of an MSc degree in Physics, Applied Physics, Instrumentation, or Space Science.
- A PhD or proof of progress towards a PhD in Physics, Applied Physics, Instrumentation, or Space Science will be an added advantage.
- A degree class of upper second (2.1) or better at undergraduate degree level will be added advantage.
- University teaching experience is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of computational and simulation packages, which include PLC, MATLAB, LabVIEW, Proteus Professional is added advantage.
- Registration with a recognized professional body is an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to teach any two of the following areas: General Physics, computational/theoretical Physics, Industrial and Instrumentation Physics, Climate and Space Physics, Nanotechnology; covering both theory and laboratory work at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Ability to interact with industry and academic partners (domestic and international) and interest in creating and maintaining connections with major industrial and academic players within the broader Physics community.
- Any other duties as assigned by the chairperson.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full names, date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to the Deputy Registrar – Human Resource
The application pack should be sent as a single merged pdf file to email address: email@example.com. The subject line should be labelled with the post being applied for.
Closing date for applications is Friday 29 September 2023 Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org