MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
EXECUTIVE DEAN: FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE, ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
The Dean reports to the Vice Chancellor and is a member of senior management team of the University. The Dean is the Chief Academic Administrator of the faculty and is responsible for all faculty activities. The candidate should have a proven track record of successful academic and administrative leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work as a team player. The post of Executive Dean is a three-year contract position.
Qualifications and Experience
- The Dean of Agriculture, Environment, Natural Resources Management must have earned a doctorate with considerable University teaching experience and publications in one of the following fields: Agricultural Sciences, Wildlife Sciences and Land and Water Resources Management.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate commitment to academic excellence and subscription to Education 5.0 through university teaching, research, university service, Innovation and Industrialisation.
- Have ability to communicate at all levels within and outside the University.
- Have good University administration experience either as Chairperson/Head of department or Deputy Dean.
- Must be committed to Midlands State University teaching and learning methodologies including work related learning, flexible packaging and online teaching.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide academic and administrative leadership to the faculty, including all planning and control in the specific areas of human resource, budgeting, academic programmes, equipment and other matters.
- Lead the Faculty in achieving its objectives through development and delivery of sound and innovative programmes, promotion of excellence in teaching, research, university service, innovation and industrialisation and in securing support for the faculty through strategic partnerships and linkages with other universities or organisations.
- Undertake fund raising to support teaching and research in the faculty.
- Establish linkages and partnerships with industry, commerce, professional establishments and informal sector in order to support student internships, sandwich modules and work-related learning.
- Contribute to the evolution and maintenance of a comprehensive and conducive learning environment at the University.
Six copies of applications, giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and copies of certificates, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
The University Registrar
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
For the electronic version, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply:
Closing date for applications is 22 November 2023. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com