MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following posts:
THE MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY GENDER INSTITUTE
Full Time Researcher 2 Posts
The duties and responsibilities of a Full Time Researcher/ Research Fellow and Research Professor are grouped into the following categories which are:
(a) Teaching – the incumbent is expected to teach or deliver lectures in accordance to the Department and or Faculty guidelines and standards.
(b) University Service and Community engagement– the incumbent should participate in all Department, Faculty/School and University activities such as attending meetings, training workshops, conferences and seminars, among others.
(c) Research – the incumbent is expected to engage in active research in his/her area of specialization which benefits both the students and the University.
(d) Innovations – leading to tangible products and services
(e) Industrialisation –through commercialisation of products
- First Degree from a recognized University with a 2.1 pass.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology/ Counselling, Gender Studies or any related field
- PhD or proof of studying for a PhD in Gender Studies or in any related field.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The incumbent is expected to actively conduct, engage and produce policy briefs and evidence based research papers in gender focused research.
- The incumbent is expected to develop strategic partnerships and mobilise resources to reinforce programmes spearheaded by the Midlands State Gender Institute.
- The incumbent must also be able to help strengthen policy awareness, capacity building and knowledge of how to write winning research grant proposals is an added advantage.
- The incumbent should participate in community engagement projects, advocacy work and University Service such as attending meetings, training workshops, conferences and seminars, among others.
- The incumbent must also be able to promote and strengthen partnerships and networking with civil society organisations and proffer ways of addressing topical gender issues for promotion of gender justice.
- The incumbent is expected to teach on issues relating to gender in accordance with the Midlands State University Gender Institute guidelines and standards.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender equity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full names, date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to the Deputy Registrar – Human Resource
The application pack should be sent as a single merged pdf file to email address: email@example.com. The subject line should be labelled with the post being applied for.
This advert will remain active until all the advertised post(s) have been filled. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 31 May, 2023. Note that only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org