MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
Payroll Manager (1 Post)
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Master’s Degree in Business Management or Accounting or Human Resources Management.
- A diploma / certificate in Payroll Administration
- Should have a minimum of five (5) years experience in payroll supervision
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of Belina, Paywell or any other system
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Highly computer literate
- Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the formulation and implementation of regulating payroll policies as well as monitoring and reviewing the same.
- Identifying issues requiring policy change to ensure compliance with statutory regulations and in-house operating procedures.
- Assisting in ensuring that Policies, Standard Operating Procedures, processes and systems are enforced and adhered to in order to maintain integrity of the payroll system of the University.
- Coordinating the work and ensuring focused performance of subordinates
- Classifying and verifying monthly salary input, mail and documents of university payroll before capturing process begins.
- Ensuring correct inputting of tax tables and FDS credits and adjustments into the payroll, tax directives and other credits.
- Checking on the accuracy of the data capturing process before the final payroll is prepared.
- Ensuring timely availability of all summary reports for the payment of salaries and monthly reports for statutory payments, such as NSSA, Pension, PAYE, medical aid and pay advices (pay slips).
- Supervision of Reconciliations
- Production of deduction schedules for service providers.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
Closing date for applications is 22 September 2023.
Applicants should clearly state the post being applied for in the subject line. It should also be noted that non-adherence to any of the above instructions will automatically cause the application to be disqualified.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org