Website Midlands State University
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following posts:
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
POST: ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT – SALARIES
- National Diploma in Accounting
- Extensive experience in running payroll using packages such as Paywell and Bellina for more than 500 people/ employees
- At least 2 years’ experience in payroll processing
- At least three traceable references
- Professional qualification an added advantage
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data in Paywell Payroll system
- Verifying and Validating payroll data input
- Updating payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers
- Calculating taxes and related deductions
- Resolving payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Maintaining payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintaining employee confidence and protecting payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Calculating bonuses and commissions when appropriate
- Dealing with complaints and questions regarding payroll from employees
- Investigating and resolving any discrepancies in payroll
- Printing and issuing pay cheques
- Processing direct deposit payments
- Preparing monthly payroll reconciliations
- Any other duties as duly assigned
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and e-mail addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar – Human Resource
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
Closing date for applications is 29 May 2019. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.