Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES (Gweru Campus)
POST: ADMINISTRATIVE MATRON
- 5 Ordinary Levels including English Language and Mathematics
- A Registered General Nurse currently tenured with the University.
- A post-basic qualification is an added advantage
- At least 3 years working experience within the Midlands State University Health Services
- The incumbent should have managerial working experience
- The incumbent should have worked as a nurse in charge in any Health Institution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities include the following;
- Administration general health services and reports to the Director of Health Services.
- Participating in the designing and execution of health education programmes for the University Community and production of relevant Information, Education and Communication (IEC) material.
- Facilitating health workshops for new student orientation, Sub-warden training, Student Representative Council and the general staff of Midlands State University.
- Spearheading preventive healthcare programmes to the campus community and make appropriate referrals to off-campus resources
- Demand creation of services offered through awareness campaigns.
- Attending meetings to allow the Doctor to attend to patients where such need is identified as per guidance from the Head of Department (HOD).
- Appraising clinical staff as guided by the HOD and in accordance with protocols established by the University.
- Assuring departmental compliance with the relevant legislation.
- Managing of all students’ clubs under the Health Services Department and conducting needs assessment of issues that affect students
- Supervising and managing Student Resources Centre.
- Organising Care Pathway for students.
- Any other duties as maybe delegated by the superiors.
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
Closing date for applications is 06 April 2020. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.