Website Midlands State University
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
POST: ASSISTANT BURSAR- (ENTERPRISES COST ACCOUNTANT)
- A Degree in Accounting / Finance
- A professional course such as ACCA or CIMA is an added advantage
- At least three years’ experience as a Cost or Management Accountant of a manufacturing organisation
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Proficiency in Excel, Pastel and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Costing of enterprise products.
- Preparing, analysing and reporting weekly, monthly, quarterly trading accounts for enterprises.
- Assisting in review and analysis of inventory and margin reports.
- Supporting and assisting internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others.
- Classifying costs accurately.
- Performing activities such as cost benefit analysis, breakeven analysis, and make or buy decisions.
- Co-ordinating preparation of annual budgets for the Enterprises
- Any other related duties as assigned.
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and e-mail addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar – Human Resource
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
Closing date for applications is 25 September 2020. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.