Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
WORK RELATED LEARNING OFFICE
POST: COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT OFFICER
The main purpose of this job will be to coordinate provision of Community Engagement activities. The incumbent will report functionally to the Director –Work Related Learning and administratively to the Deputy Registrar – Academic Affairs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The incumbent should possess a minimum of a first degree.
- Possession of a Master’s degree or a related professional qualification is an added advantage
- Good Computer Skills (a must)
- A minimum of 2 years Community Engagement practicing experience.
- Clean class 4 driver’s license
- Person with character to handle sensitive and or confidential information.
- Should possess good interpersonal and communication skills in order to interact effectively at all levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Facilitating effective community engagement links between the Community and University.
- Assisting in the transfer of knowledge generated through theory and research in the University for the benefit of urban and rural communities in Zimbabwe.
- Raising funds to augment University funding for the sustenance of Community Engagement projects.
- Periodically review, document, approve and supervise projects and activities of department in various Communities.
- Advising the Community Engagement Committee (CEC) on all matters concerning community engagement projects.
- Ensuring compliance of community engagement policies.
- Maintaining a sound record management system for all documents related to community engagement.
- Compilation and timely submission of both community engagement reports and related documents.
- Servicing assigned committees of the University.
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055 GWERU
Closing date for applications is 06 April 2020. Note that only shortlisted will be communicated to.