Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
POST: DEPUTY LIBRARIAN – INFORMATION ACCESS AND DIGITAL SUPPORT (Gweru Campus)
- A Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science
- The incumbent must have at least 3 years working experience at the Sub Librarian level in a University Library.
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work with relevant library and information packages.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with various constituencies as a team player.
- Energetic with an ability to adapt to various circumstance and to work under pressure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participating in developing and implementing the University and Library strategic goals and objectives.
- Assisting in crafting Library Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Driving a digital library that meet the information needs of students and staff in line with the University and Library strategic goals.
- Working collaboratively with Executive Deans and Directors to provide full and adequate electronic resources and research support to teaching, learning, research, community and administrative services of the University.
- Recommending new technologies in order to improve library services in support of teaching and learning including the effective management of electronic information resources, research data management and virtual digital library systems.
- Coordinating the activities of the Research Support, Marketing Services Units, Digital and Systems Units.
- Coordinating the implementing of all the Library training programmes including Information Literacy Skills.
- Assisting in mobilising resources for the library
- Assisting in managing risks in the Library.
- Assisting in managing the library performance contracting system.
- Overseeing and coordinating the integrated activities of the branch libraries.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. Closing date for applications is 6 August 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.