Website Midlands State University
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
POST: LIBRARY TECHNICAL ASSISTANT– ZVISHAVANE CAMPUS
- National Certificate in Library and Information Science is a must.
- At least 5 Ordinary Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics in one sitting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clearing reading desks, shelving and shelf reading of library books.
- Identifying and listing torn books for repair.
- Preparing booklists for dispatch to all MSU libraries.
- Verifying received material from other library sections.
- Verifying registration status of library users.
- Double checking if books were loaned out to students and staff through the Koha Library Management system as a security measure.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor from time to time.
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
Closing date for applications is 15 November2019. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.