*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following posts:
POST: SENIOR LIBRARY ASSISTANT 2 – GWERU CAMPUS (3 POSTS)
- National Certificate in Library and Information Science.
- At least 2 years working experience in an academic library at Library Technical Assistant Grade.
- Assists in offering circulation services in the Library.
- Charging and discharging of books using the Koha Library Management system.
- Shelving of library books.
- Assisting clients to locate books from the Online Public Access Catalogue and Stack Room.
- Checking the condition of library books upon return by users.
- Recording all torn books for relocation to the Binding Section.
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
NB: Applicants who responded to the initial job posting need not respond.
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, identification particulars and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and email addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
Closing date for applications is 27 November 2020. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.