MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY
MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY NATIONAL LANGUAGE INSTITUTE
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following posts:
POST: RESEARCH FELLOW – ENGLISH (1 POST)
The candidate must:
- Be a holder of a Doctorate degree in English Literature/Literature in English, Linguistics or Applied Linguistics or related field.
- Professorship will be an added advantage.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- The Research Fellow is a principal scholar who undertakes research and consultancy work in the Institute. The Research Fellow will lead in the mobilisation of funds for the Institute through consultancy work such as editing and research grants; and in line with this, the Research Fellow plans, coordinates and implements research programmes and language consultancy work in accordance with Midlands State University strategy, policy and procedures and funder requirements.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as principal investigator, team leader or co-investigator on research projects;
- Carries out original, high-level individual and/or collaborative research with other team members;
- Prepares and writes high-quality papers for submission to high-impact peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings;
- Makes presentations at conferences or exhibits work at other appropriate events;
- Edits and proofreads documents such as Master’s dissertations and Doctoral theses;
- Offers tutorials to clients in his/her particular portfolio;
- Participates in committee meetings with other researchers and support staff;
- Actively seeks research funding as far as is reasonably possible;
- Supervises Researchers;
- Assists in the administration of the Institute, by serving on committees or otherwise, as determined by the Executive Director; and
- Discharges any other job-related duties and responsibilities assigned by the Executive Director.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full names, date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and email addresses of three referees addressed to the Deputy Registrar – Human Resource
The application pack should be sent as a single merged pdf file to email address: email@example.com. The subject line should be labelled with the post being applied for.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 08 September 2023. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org