*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following posts:
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
Department of Psychology
Post: Technician (1post)
- BSc Honours Degree in Psychology with at least a 2.1 degree class.
- A distinction in the Introduction to Information Technology university module.
- Proficiency in the application of statistical packages such as SPSS for quantitative data analysis and of NVIVO for qualitative data analysis is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a related field is an added advantage.
uties and Responsibilities
- Collecting and analysing experimental and research data, and maintaining the requisite records.
- Demonstrating an understanding of units of measurements and basic statistical calculations.
- Following instructions and having a systematic approach to tasks.
- Setting up and operating equipment/ apparatus.
- Operating and solving minor computer issues.
- Maintaining an orderly and effective lab.
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates and transcripts and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and e-mail addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
Closing date for applications is 20 November 2020. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.