Website Midlands State University
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post of TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
Reports to the Transport and Logistics Supervisor under the Projects and Maintenance Department. The incumbent should have, among other competencies a full appreciation of modern trends in vehicle and fuel management systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 ‘O’ levels including English
- A Diploma in Transport Management or equivalent;
- Knowledge of transport management related computer packages a must
- A clean Class 4 drivers licence is a must;
- At least 2 years doing a similar job including managing a fleet of vehicles
- Performing day to day duties to manage transport activities as assigned by the Transport and Logistics Supervisor
- Ability to use vehicle monitoring tracking systems;
- Raising requisitions for vehicle repairs and servicing
- Receiving and recording fuel and transport requests from departments;
- Preparing fuel requests
- Managing all database relating to transportation activities;
- Performing daily reconciliations of allocated fuel for every pool vehicle and generators;
- Record management;
- Producing and maintaining vehicle repair and maintenance records up to date;
- Preparing insurance claims for repair of accident damaged University Vehicles;
- Following up and obtaining police reports for University vehicles involved in accidents and forwarding the reports to the Transport and Logistics Supervisor;
- Carrying out any other office administration duties as assigned by the Transport and Logistics Supervisor.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Six copies of applications including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars indicating full name, place and date of birth, certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, telephone number and names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar, Human Resources
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
The closing date of receipt of applications is 15 July 2020.