- PhD Sociology, Rhodes University;
- Master of Science Degree (MSc) in Sociology and Social Anthropology, University of Zimbabwe;
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours Degree in Sociology,University of Zimbabwe.
- Certificate: Advanced Human Rights Course on Disability Rights in the African Context (University of Pretoria;
- Certificate: Advanced Human Rights Course on Rights to Development in Africa(University of Pretoria);
- Certificate: Advanced Human Rights Course on Women Rights in Africa(University of Pretoria);
- Certificate: Advanced Human Rights Courses on Indigenous Peoples Rights in Africa.(University of Pretoria).
- Sociology of Health and Illness;
- Maternal health, Gender and Sexuality;
- Disability Studies;
- Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare.
Papers under Review
- Brenda Muchabveyo and Jimoh Amzat “Medical Pluralism and Cultural Practices Associated with Umbilical Cord Care in Rural Communities in Zimbabwe.” Sage Publications, Inquiry INQ 21-0588
- Brenda Muchabveyo “Access to Facility-based Childbirth: Women’s Experience on Enablers and Obstacles to the Utilisation of Waiting Mothers’ Shelters in Rural Zimbabwe” Qualitative Health Research , Sage QHR-2021-0562
- Brenda Muchabveyo “Medical Pluralism and the Social Construction of Birth Territories” Sociology of Health and Illness, Wiley, SHI 21-0634
- Brenda Muchabveyo “Sexuality and Disability”, A Case Study of Women Living with Physical Disabilities in Harare” Journal of Disability Policy Studies, Sage JDPS 21-0093
- Brenda Muchabveyo “Sexuality and Disability”, A Case Study of Women Living with Physical Disabilities in Harare” Paper presented at the Disability in the African Context Workshop Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, 07February 2018.
- Brenda Muchabveyo “Medical Pluralism and the Health Seeking Behaviors of Women in Rural Communities in Zimbabwe” Paper presented at the Indigenous People’s Rights in Africa Workshop, Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, 13August 2018.
- Brenda Muchabveyo, “Long Distances to Maternal Health Care Facilities: The Situation and Challenges of Expectant Mothers in Rural Communities.” Paper presented at the Ministry of Health and Child Care under the Review of The Maternal and Neonatal Road Map, 18June 2019.
- Brenda Muchabveyo, “Waiting Mothers’ Shelters in Rural Health Centers. The Situation, Expectant Mothers’ Experiences and Challenges.” Paper presented at the Solid Rock of Immunisation Workshop Ministry of Health and Childcare Zimbabwe [MoHCC] in Collaboration with the World Bank [WB] 16 September 2020.
- Tafadzwa Chevo and Brenda Muchabveyo “Influences on Vulnerabilities and Capabilities of Female Household-Heads in Attaining Food Security. The Case of Mberengwa District, Zimbabwe”, Paper to be presented of 30 September 2021 under grantees of the “Gender, Sustainable development and Human Rights) Raoul Wallenberg Institute of Humanitarian Work and Human Rights