- Dip Social Work (University of Zimbabwe), 2000
- Bachelor of Social Work (University of Zimbabwe), 2002
- Master of Social Work (University of Zimbabwe), 2006
- Master of Arts International Relations and World Order (University of Leicester), 2013
- Doctor of Philosophy Social Work (University of Fort Hare), 2018
- Social Protection
- Child Protection
- Social inclusion in humanitarian and fragile contexts
- Social Work in the humanitarian – development – peace building nexus.
- Managing the human factor in the practice of project planning and management in the developing world.
- Policy and programme design monitoring and evaluation; project management; capacity building; social research; and corporate governance.
- Ngwerume, C. and Tanga, P.T. (2020) ‘Can cash transfers transform child well- being in fragile contexts? Evidence from Liberia’s Bomi cash transfer pilot’ in Lawson, D.,Angemi, D., and Kasirye, I. (Eds), What Works for Africa’s Poorest Children From measurement to action. Warwickshire, Practical Action Publishing
- Banda, R. and Ngwerume, C., 2014. A Generation in Transition: The Dynamics of Social Services Provision in Zimbabwe. In: Promoting social work for Zimbabwe’s Development. Bindura: Bindura Unversity of Science Education, pp. 175-203.
Achievements Selected Leadership position held
- Member of the National Advisory Committee of the National Association of Social Workers Zimbabwe (NASWZ)