- DLitt et Phil-Unisa,
- B.A Hons- MSU).
Culture and development in Africa, language/culture and the media, African nationalism and national identity issues.
- Mpofu, P & Tembo, C. (2015) Militarising Music and Demilitarising the military: making sense of “Musoja” in Zimdancehall Music, Muziki: Journal of Music research in Africa, 12:1, 103-121.
- Mpofu, P & Mutasa, D.E. (2014) Language policy, linguistic hegemony and exclusion in the Zimbabwean print and broadcasting media. In South African Journal of African Languages. 34(2): 225–233.
- Mpofu, P. (2013) HIV/AIDS Awareness Advertising: Representation of the Linguistic and Socio-cultural Repertoires on ZBC/ TV. In International Journal of Social Science Research. Vol. 1, Issue 1, pp: 19-27. Universiti Malaysia Kelantan.
- Mpofu, P. (2012). The Dearth of Culture in Sustainable Development: The Impact of NGOs’ Agenda and Conditionalities on Cultural Sustainability in Zimbabwe. In Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa (Volume 14, No .4, 2012). Pp 191-205. Pennsylvania.
- Mpofu, P. (2012) Cultural Capital and the Sustainability of NGOs’ Development Programs in Zimbabwe: An Integrative Approach. In Journal of Sustainable Development; Vol. 5, No. 10; 2012, Toronto: Canadian Centre of Science and Education.
- Mpofu, P. (2012) Finex Ndhlovu (2009). The Politics of Language and Nation Building in Zimbabwe. Bern: Peter Lang, Africa in Development vol. 2, pp 227. In Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa (Volume 14, No.2, 2012), Pp 221-222. Pennsylvania.