Dr Sanderson Abel
Position: Senior Lecturer and Chairperson
Department: Agricultural Economics and DevelopmentShare Profile Search on Google Scholar
- PhD in Economics (Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University)
- Masters of Science in Economics (University of Zimbabwe)
- Bachelor of Science Honours degree in Economics (University of Zimbabwe)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Education (Midlands State University)
- Executive Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation (University of Zimbabwe)
Developed an appreciation of the application of economic theory to real world experiences in the Academia, Public Sector, Private Sector and Non-Governmental Organisations. Some of my key competencies include:
- Economic and Social Research
- Economic Policy Advisory
- Economic & Financial Modelling
- Project and Program Monitoring and Evaluation
- Organisational Administration and Management
- Real Sector Developments
- Agriculture Sector Developments
- Financial Sector Developments
- Macroeconomic Policy and Development
- Energy Economics
- Economic modelling & Econometric Analysis
- Social Economics
- Mafugu, T. & Abel, S. (2020). The Pattern of Coronavirus Cases in South Africa, United States of America and South Korea. African Journal of Reproductive Health (Special Edition), 24(2): 108-116
- Abel, S., Nyamutowa, C, Mutonhori, C. & Le Roux. P. (2019). Financial sector development and economic growth in the SADC region. Journal of Economics and Financial Sciences 12(1), a464. https://doi.org/10.4102/jef.v12i1.464
- Abel. S; Bara, A. & Le Roux. P. (2019). Evaluating Bank Cost Efficiency Using Stochastic Frontier Analysis. Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, 11(3): 48-57
- Abel. S; Mhaka. N & Le Roux. P. (2019). Human Capital Development and Economic Growth Nexus. South African Business Review, 23: 1-18
- Abel. S. & Le Roux. P. (2019). Financial Innovation and Economic Growth in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Business and Management 6(2):1-8
- Bara. A. & Abel S. (2018) Cross border banking, international financial flows and financial deepening. Journal for studies in economics and econometrics, 42(3): 1 – 34
- Abel. S. (2018) Evaluating the cost efficiency of commercial banks in Zimbabwe. MEFMI research and policy journal,1: 4-25
- Abel. S. (2018) Cost Efficiency and Non-Performing Loans: An Application of the Granger Causality Test. Journal of Economics and Financial Sciences. 11(1), a170. https:// doi.org/10.4102/jef.v11i1.170
- Abel. S; Bara. A. & Le Roux. P. (2018) Decomposition of the Technical Efficiency of the Banking System. Journal of Economics and Financial Sciences. 11(1), a160. http://dx.doi.org/10.4102/ jef. v11i1.160
- Abel. S.; Mutandwa. L. & Le Roux. P. (2018) A Review of Determinants of Financial Inclusion. International Journal of Economic and Financial Issues. 8(3), 1-8.
CONFERENCES PAPERS PRESENTED
- Charumbira, M. & Abel. S. Micro and Macro Determinants of Profitability in the Life Assurance Industry. Paper presented at the Conference on Sustainable Economic Transformation, Innovation and Governance in Emerging Economies. 6-8 February 2019. Midlands State University, Gweru.
- Abel. S. & Mutandagayi, V. Financial Inclusion and Economic Growth Nexus in SADC Region. Paper presented at the Conference on Sustainable Economic Transformation, Innovation and Governance in Emerging Economies. 6-8 February 2019. Midlands State University, Gweru.
- Abel. S & Le Roux. Financial Innovation and economic growth in Zimbabwe. Paper presented at the 9th International Conference on advances in Social Science, Economics and Management Study (SEM 19-719): 08 December 2019. Rome, Italy.
- Abel. S (2016). The Social Dimension of the Zimbabwean Crisis: Case of Health and Education. In Kararach. G. & Otieno. O.R. (2016). Economic Management in a Hyperinflationary Environment. The Political Economy of Zimbabwe, 1980-2008. Oxford University Press.
- Abel. S & Mudzonga. E (2016). The performance of the Tourism sector in Zimbabwe during the hyperinflationary environment. In Kararach. G. & Otieno. O.R. (2016). Economic Management in a Hyperinflationary Environment. The Political Economy of Zimbabwe, 1980-2008. Oxford University Press.
Suggest a correction
If you'd like to suggest a correction for this profile and you are the owner use the edit button button below. For corrections to another person's profile contact the Webmaster on the email email@example.com or call ext 2132Edit Profile