- Dip In Education (Primary)(UZ),
- BA In Media Studies [ZOU],
- MA [UNISA],
- Dlitt, et Phil [UNISA]
- Film and Cultural Studies
Published Articles: 2015
- Rwafa U, Theorising Mandela, African Identities. Vol 15, No 1, 2015.
- Rwafa, U. Beacons of Hope: Youths and their contribution to the development of Theatre industry in Zimbabwe, Commonwealth Journal for Youths and Development. Vol 13, No 1. 18-29.
- Rwafa, U. An encounter with the enigma: Some philosophical reflections on Hosiah Chipanga’s music, Muziki, Journal of Music Research in Africa .Vol 12. No 1.122-133.
Book Project 2015
- Rwafa, U. UN/MUFFLING VOICES: Film Censorship in Zimbabwe. To be published by Africa World Press, Inc/Trenton, New Jersey.
Published Articles: 2014
- Rwafa, U. and Washington, M. HIV and AIDS: The violence of visuality and the visuality of violence, Journal of African Cinemas, Vol 6, No 2, 205-214.
- Rwafa, U. Singing peace and forgiveness: The case of Jah Prayzah, Sulumani Chimbetu, Chiwoniso Maraire and Edith WeUtonga. MUZIKI 11(1), 2014. 50-62.
- Rwafa, U. Mushore, W. and Vhutuza, E. Towards peace, healing and reconciliation in Zimbabwe: theatricalising political violence through Rituals (2011) Imbizo International Journal of African Literary and Comparative Studies. Vol, 5. No 2. 23-40.
- Vhutuza, E and Rwafa, U. Contestation of hegemonies through propaganda theatre in post 2000 Zimbabwe: the case of Madzoka Zimbabwe and The Coup Imbizo International Journal of African Literary and Comparative Studies , Vol, 5. No 2. 40-50.
- Rwafa, U. Playing the politics of erasure: (Post)Colonial films and cultural genocide in Zimbabwe. Journal of Literary Studies. Vol 30, No 2. 104-114.
Published Articles: 2013
- Rwafa, U. and Tarugarira, G. 2013.Visualising history on the screen: The film ‘Lumumba’ and the political contradictions of post-colonial Zaire (DR Congo) Re-Visualising Africa. Journal of African Cinema. Vol, 1. No 1. 79-101.
- Rwafa, U & Rafapa, L. 2013. Tapestries of Hope: Film, Youths and HIV/AIDS in Zimbabwe and South Africa. Commonwealth Journal for Youths and Development. (Vol 11(2) July). 57-68.
- Urther, R, Viriri, A and MT Vambe. 2013. Music, Land and Liberation Theology: Exploring Mai Charamba’s ‘Africa’ and Fungisai Zvakavapano-Mashavave’s ‘Hamheno Anoramba’ MUZIKI 10(3) 24-32.
- Rwafa, U. 2013.Repression and Resistance in Niyi Osundare’s drama ‘The State Visit’(2002). Imbizo 4(2) 55-66.
- Rwafa. U. 2013. From Rhodesia to Zimbabwe: Exploring the Historical dimensions of Film censorship laws. Vol 29. No 2. Latin American Report. 23-41.
Published book chapters: 2013
- Rwafa, U. 2013. Destabilising the Images of the African Forest as the conceptual space for Re-negotiating African Identities during the Zimbabwean Armed Liberation Struggle in the film ‘Flame’(1996) Heritage Books. 319-335.
- Rwafa, U. 2013. ‘Zollywood, Zimbavision and Zimbowood?’ In Search of new paradigms for Zimbabwe’s Film Industry. Chapter from Conference Proceedings, UNISA Press. 263-272.
- Rwafa, U. 2013. ‘Sabhuku Vharazipi’(2002) and the Cultural Imperatives of Community Theatre. Chapter from Conference Proceedings, UNISA Press. 204-209.
Published articles: 2012
- Advice Viriri & Rwafa, U 2012. The Development Nexus in theatre of the youths, by the youths and for the youths in Zimbabwe. Commonwealth Journal for Youths and Development. (Vol 10(1) July). 47-59.
- Rwafa, U. 2012. Representations of Matabeleland and Midlands disturbances through the documentary film Gukurahundi: A moment of Madness(2007). In African Identities( Vol 10, No 3 August). 1-15.
- Rwafa, U. 2012. Political Censorship on films about post–independence Zimbabwe. Imbizo International Journal of African Literary and Comparative Studies Vol 3 (1). 30-46.
- Rwafa, U. 2012. The Fantastic Subversion of Censorship in Film ‘The Legend of the Sky Kingdom’. In Latin American Journal ( Vol 28. No 1). 288-297.
- Rwafa, U. 2012. Censorship and the Economic Film in Zimbabwe. In Imbizo, International Journal of African Literary and Comparative Studies, Vol 3.No 2. 115-149.
Published articles: 2011
- Rwafa, U & Maurice T. Vambe, 2011. Introduction: Theorising African-Language in the Literature in the Twenty-first Century. In Journal of Literary Studies. (Vol 27. No 3. September).1-4.
- Rwafa, U. 2011. Media and Development: The politics of Framing Gender Struggles in the Postcolonial Zimbabwean Shona Films. In Journal of Literary Studies. (Vol 27. No 3. September). 39-55.
- Maurice. T Vambe & Rwafa, U. 2011. Exploring the Communicative functions of Light, sound and Colour in the film ‘Hotel Rwanda’. In Journal of African Cinemas (Vol 3. No 1). 43-49.
- Rwafa, U. 2011. Song and the Zimbabwean, Flame(1996). In Muziki Journal of Music Research in Africa. (Vol 8(1) July. 47-58.
- Rwafa, U. 2011. The ‘surplus Value’ of the Rwandan genocide discourse in Romeo Dallaire’s film A good man in Hell (2002). In Imbizo International Journal of African Literary and Comparative Studies ( Vol 2 (1) ). 63-70.
- Rwafa, U. 2011. Satirising European Modernity and African traditional cultures in Wole Soyinka’s play ‘The Lion and the Jewel’. In Imbizo International Journal of African Literary and Comparative Studies (Vol 2 (2) 75-82.
Published articles: 2010
- Rwafa, U. 2010. Film representations of the Rwandan Genocide. In African Identities Vol 8. November) 389-408.
- Rwafa, U. 2010. Challenging gendered silences in the Rwandan documentary film, Keepers of Memory(2006). In Imbizo International Journal of Literary and Comparative Studies (Vol 1 (2) ).96-113.
- Rwafa, U. 2010. Song and Political Satire in the play ‘The Honorable MP(1987). Muziki: Journal of Music Research in Africa. (Vol 7. (1) 107-115.
- Rwafa, U. 2010. The language of Censorship and the Zimbabwean Short Film Genre. In Latin American Report(Vol 26, NO 1) 30-43.
- Rwafa, U. 2010. The Documentary Impulse in the Zimbabwean Short Films: Tariro(2004) and The Whisper(2006). In Latin American Report(Vol 26, NO2) 127-140.
Film Review: 2010
- Rwafa, U. 2010. Excess and inhibition: stereotypes in the films Tanyaradzwa(2006) In Imbizo International Journal of Literary and Comparative Studies. Vol 1(1) 144-148.
Published articles: 2009
- Rwafa U & Maurice T. Vambe, 2009. Textualising the Visual and visualizing the text: Hotel Rwanda and an Ordinary man: The true story behind Hotel Rwanda. In Scrutiny, Vol 2 No 14. 5-20.
- Rwafa U. and Beauty Vambe, 2009. Cybermusic, copyrights issues and the democratic ‘deficit’ in Zimbabwe. In Muziki: Journal in Music Research in Africa, Vol 6. No 1. 79-91.
- Rwafa, U. 2009. A Critique of Augusto Baol’s ‘ Theatre of the Opressed’ in the context of post Independent Zimbabwe. The Latin American Report Vol 1. No1. 54-61.
Published articles: 2008
- Rwafa, U. 2008. Sound and Polysemy in Film. In Muziki: Journal of Music Research in Africa. Vol 5. No 1.152-159.
- Rwafa, U. 2008. Lyrical Film: The case of Tanyaradzwa. In Muziki: Journal of Music Research in Africa. Vol 5 No 2. 188-195.
- Rwafa, U 2008. Genocide in Chile and Rwanda: From Machuka(2004) to Sometimes in April(2005). In Latin American Report: UNISA Centre for Latin American Studies. Vol 24, No 1. 35-47.
- Rwafa, U 2008. The Imperatives of Developmental Cinema. In Latin American Report: UNISA Centre for Latin American Studies. Vol 24, No 1. 21-35.
- Rwafa, U. 2008. Music, Myth and Life: An African story, by Meki Nzewi (Published : UNISA PRESS, ISBN 1868883353,
pp.254, In African Identities, Vol 6, No 3, 309-313. Published articles: 2007
- Rwafa U and Vambe MT, 2007. ‘Hear our voices’: Female popular musicians in post-independence Zimbabwe. In Muziki: Journal of Music Research in Africa, Vol 4, No 1.66-86.
- Rwafa, U. 2007. “In defence of ‘Special issues’”, editions: New Editions for Muziki: Journal of Music Research in Africa. In Muziki: Journal of Music Research in Africa, Vol 4, No 2, 278-282.
Suggest a correction
If you'd like to suggest a correction for this profile and you are the owner use the edit button button below. For corrections to another person's profile contact the Webmaster on the email email@example.com or call ext 2132Edit Profile