Dr Farai Ncube
Department: Human Resource ManagementShare Profile Search on Google Scholar
- PhD Industrial Psychology (University of Fort Hare)
- MSc Human Resource Management (Midlands State University)
- BSc Human Resource Management (Midlands State University)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Education (Midlands State University)
- Leadership Certificate (Lasting Impression, Zimbabwe)
- Certificate Disciplinary Hearings (Stratways Consultancy)
- Industrial Relations
- Trade Unions and Workplace Democracy
- Corporate Governance
- Comparative Industrial Relations
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Ncube, F. (2020). Factors Enhancing Member Commitment to Trade Unions in the Hospitality Industry in Zimbabwe. Journal of Business Administration Research, Vol. 9, No. 1 pp. 33- 43
- Ncube, F. & Oni, O. (2020). Organizing Challenges Faced by Trade Unions in the Hospitality Industry of Zimbabwe. Eurasian Journal of Business and Management, 8(3), 2020, 167-181
- Ncube, F. & Oni, O. (2020). Developments and Changes Adversely Affecting Trade Unions in the Hospitality Industry of Zimbabwe. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, 9(3)199-214.
- Ncube, F. (2017). Precarious Employment as Survival Strategy: An Emerging Reality in Zimbabwean Hotels. The International Journal of Business & Management. Vol. 5, No 2,pp 67-73
- Ncube, F. (2016) Inter- Union Rivalry, Legitimacy and Union Influence on Shop-Floor Industrial Relations in Zimbabwe’s Urban Councils. International Journal of Economics, Finance and Management Sciences. Vol. 4, No. 6, 2016, pp. 362-368.
- Ncube, F. (2014) Cultural values: A conduit of shaping managerial thinking in Zimbabwe’s industrial relations. African Journal of History and Culture, Vol. 6(5), pp. 76-84
- Ncube, F. (2012) A Reflection on the Strike Action Legislation Dynamics in Zimbabwe: Its Political, Economic and Social Impact. The Dyke, Vol 6 (4), p74-86
- Maunganidze, L., Ncube, F., & Sibanda, P (2013) Rethinking Pro-Active Disaster Planning in the Workplace: The Case of a Selected Mine in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Business and Management; Vol. 8 (15)
- Ncube, F. & Maunganidze, L. (2014) Corporate Governance and Executive Compensation in Zimbabwean State Owned Enterprises: A Case of Institutionalized Predation, Management, Vol 4 (6): 131-140
- Sibanda, P., Muchena, T., & Ncube, F. (2014) Employee Engagement and Organisational Performance in a Public Sector Organisation in Zimbabwe, International Journal of Asian Social Science, Vol 4 (1): 89- 99
- Ncube, F. Down the Memory Lane: Revisiting the 1972 Hwange Colliery Kamandama Disaster. International Journal of Art & Humanity Science(IJAHS) Vol. 1 (XX), xxxx, 55-65
- Ncube, F. & Jerie, S (2014) Leveraging Employee Engagement for Competitive Advantage in the Hospitality Industry. A Comparative Study of Hotels A and B in Zimbabwe, Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences (JETEMS) 3(4): 380-388
- Ncube, F., Sibanda, P., & Maunganidze, L. The Competitive Advantages of Organisations in Zimbabwe’s Hospitality Industry: A Case of Two Organisations, Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences (JETEMS) 4(3):328-336
- Sibanda, P., Mavenga, E., Maunganidze, L., and Ncube, F. (2014) Employee’ Reactance and Survival Strategies in an Underperforming Zimbabwean Parastatal. African Journal of Business Management, Vol, 8 (22), pp. 1043-1052, 28
- Ncube, F. & Donga, T., & Gauya, C. (2017) Performance Contracts and Service Delivery in Rural Local Authorities: A Myth or a Reality. The International Journal of Business & Management. Vol, 5 (2). Pp 60 – 66
BOOK CHAPTERS (ACCEPTED BUT PENDING PUBLICATION)
- Maunganidze, L., Ncube, F., and Sibanda, P (2020). Coping with the post-normal? Deconstructing workplace disaster planning. In the Deconstructing technologies and artefacts in Human Resource Management Practice: A critical reflection.
- Ncube, F. and O, Oni (2020) Member Commitment and Trade Union Revitalisation Strategies in the Hospitality Industry of Zimbabwe; to the collection Deconstructing technologies and artefacts in Human Resource Management Practice: A critical reflection.
CONFERENCES AND PRESENTATIONS
- 18th International Labour and Employee Relations Association World Congress (ILERA) in Seoul, South Korea 2018. (Presenter and a Session Chair).
- 2nd International Conference on Economics, Management and Social Sciences (ICEMSS) in Shanghai, China 2016. (Presenter)
- 5th International Online Conference on Recent Advances in Interdisciplinary Research (ICRAIR 202) City University Malaysia.
- Social Science Research Seminar Series (Presenter) – Midlands State University 2015 and 2016.
- SERVCOR Management Strategic Planning Workshop, April 24, 2013 at SERVCOR Premises, Unki Mines, Shurugwi
Suggest a correction
If you'd like to suggest a correction for this profile and you are the owner use the edit button button below. For corrections to another person's profile contact the Webmaster on the email email@example.com or call ext 2132Edit Profile