- PDTE (MSU)
- MA in African Economic History (UZ)
- MBA (MSU)
- BA Hons
- Diploma in Industrial Relations (UZ)
- Land and agrarian issues Food security Economic policy and development Elections
- Democracy, governance and development
- Peter Makaye (2015), “Land Tax, Sustainable Use of Land and the Quest for Food Security in Post Land Reform Zimbabwe”, Paper accepted for publication by OSSREA
- Dube Brian and Makaye, Peter, “ How ZANU-PF Won the 2013 Harmonised Elections in Zimbabwe” in International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention, Vol 2, No. 10, October 2013
- Cowen Dziva and Peter Makaye, “No Easy Walk Through Primary Elections For Rural Women in Zimbabwe” Paper accepted in the Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences” Vol X, Issue X, 2013.
- Peter Makaye and Constantine Munhande, “ Zimbabwe’s Socialist Development Experiment, 1980 to 1989” Paper accepted in the International Journal for Development, June 2013
- Peter Makaye, “A Past that Haunts the Present and the Future: Some Reflections on the Impact of the Colonial Legacy on Africa’s Development” in J. Mangut and T. Wuam (eds), Colonialism and the Transition to Modernity in Africa, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Nigeria, November 2012
- Makaye, P and Munhande, C,” From White Exploiter to Black Exploiter: Zimbabwean Plantation Workers’ Conditions of Work and Service, A Case of Manicaland Province” in the Dyke: The Midlands State University Journal, Vol 5, 2011.
- Mapuva J and Makaye P, ‘Poverty amidst Plenty: Southern Africa’s Regional Shame” in the Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa,Vol 12, No. 7, 2010
- Peter Makaye and Constantine Munhande, ‘Sanctions Against Zimbabwe in the New Millennium: Smart or Blanket?’ OSSREA BULLETIN, vol.5, no.2, June 2008.
- Peter Makaye and Constantine Munhande, ‘The Contribution of Informal Food Trading to Urban Food Security in Zimbabwe: The Case of Gweru,2000-2007’ Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa, vol.10, no.2, 2008.
- Cotton in West Africa: The Economic and Social Stakes(2006), OECD Publishing, Paris pp127, ISBN: 92-64-022505 7 Reviewed By Peter Makaye. Book Review in African Journal of History and Culture, Volume2, No. 4, August 2010.
- Zimbabwe: The Past is the Future: Rethinking Land , State and Nation in the Context of the Crisis, D. Harold- Barry (ed).Weaver Press. Avondale, 2004. Book Review in Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa, vol 9, no.4, 2007.
- Local Environmental Change and Society. M. Mohamed Salih (ed) Kluwer Book Publishers, Boston, 2004. Book Review in Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa, vol.10, no.1,2008
- Co-founded ZICHISO, a registered PVO that assists OVCs