Dr Tawanda Marazani
Department: Mechanical EngineeringShare Profile Search on Google Scholar
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, 2022, University of Johannesburg, RSA
- MEng Mechanical Engineering, 2016, University of Johannesburg, RSA
- BSc Honours in Applied Science: Mechanics, 2014, University of Pretoria, RSA
- Baccalaureus Technologiae: Engineering: Mechanical (Distinction), 2010, University of South Africa, RSA
- National Diploma Mechanical Engineering: Production, 2005, Masvingo Polytechnic, HEXCO
- Further Education Trainers Certificate, 2005, Masvingo Polytechnic, HEXCO
- National Certificate Draughting and Design Technology, 2002, Masvingo Polytechnic, HEXCO
- Laser Additive Manufacturing
- Friction Stir Processing
- Friction Stir Welding
- Materials Characterization
- Jet Impingement Technology (JIT)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Member of the South African Institute of Mechanical Engineers (SAIMechE)
- Associate Member of the Southern African Institute of Industrial Engineers (SAIIE)
- Registered Professional Educator with the South African Council for Educators
PUBLICATIONS Journal Publications
- Marazani, T., Akinlabi, E.T., Madyira, D.M., Majumdar, J.D & Pal, S.K (2021). Microstructural, elemental, mechanical and structural attributes of AA1100/17-4 PH stainless steel composites fabricated via friction stir processing. Engineering Solid Mechanics, 9(4), 391-414.
- Marazani, T., Madyira, D. M. and Akinlabi, E. T, (2019). Laser Re-Melt Technique for Laser Additive Repair of Narrow Rectangular Crack in Grade 5 Titanium Alloy (Ti-6AI-4V). Engineering Materials, Volume 796, pp. 129-136.
- Marazani, T., Madyira, D. M. and Akinlabi, E. T, (2019). Microhardness profiling of Ti-6Al-4V components repaired through multiple laser additive re-melt technique, Procedia Manufacturing, Volume 35, pp. 897–902.
- Marazani, T., Madyira, D. M. and Akinlabi, E. T, (2017). Repair of Cracks in Metals: A Review. Procedia Manufacturing, Volume 8, pp. 673-679.
- Marazani, T., Madyira, D. M. and Akinlabi, E. T, (2017). Investigation of the parameters governing the performance of jet impingement quick food freezing and cooling systems – a review. Procedia Manufacturing, Volume 8, pp. 754-760.
- Marazani T., Akinlabi E.T., Madyira D.M. (2020). Reduction of Excessive Flash in Friction Stir Processing of AA1100: An Experimental Observation Study. In: Awang M., Emamian S., Yusof F. (eds) Advances in Material Sciences and Engineering. Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-8297-0_32
- Marazani, T., Madyira, D. M. and Akinlabi, E. T, (2019). Additive Manufacturing for Crack Repair Application in Metals: A Case of Titanium (Ti) Alloys. In: Additive Manufacturing Technologies from an Optimization Perspective, IGI Global, pp. 77-101.
- Global Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing (GCSM) 3-5 October 2016, Stellenbosch University: Papers presented: (1). “Repair of cracks in metals: a review” and (2). “Investigation of the parameters governing the performance of jet impingement quick food freezing and cooling systems – a review”.
- The Second International Conference of Sustainable Materials Processing and Manufacturing, North West, Sun City Resort, South Africa, 8-10 March 2019: “Microhardness profiling of Ti-6Al-4V components repaired through multiple laser additive re-melt technique”.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.za/citations?user=GHcHpHMAAAAJ&hl=en
Suggest a correction
If you'd like to suggest a correction for this profile and you are the owner use the edit button button below. For corrections to another person's profile contact the Webmaster on the email email@example.com or call ext 2132Edit Profile