- Certificate in Music (ZCM)
- Diploma in Education
- BSc Music and Musicology (MSU)
- PhD Student (UNISA)
The discipline of popular music and gender studies
List of Publications
- Viriri, A. 2015. An Africana Womanist Perspective in the Comparison of Jah Prayzah’s Song Tsviriyo and FungisaiZvakavapano –Mashavave’sMwanasikanaMunhu. In Muwati, I., Charamba, T. &Tembo, C. (Eds). Singing Nation and Politics: Music and the ‘Decade of Crisis’ in Zimbabwe, 2000 -2010.
- Viriri, A. May 2013. Entanglements of Globalisation: Representation of K’NAAN’s Song Waving Flag During FIFA World Cup and The Re-Imagi(ni)ng of Africa. Re-Visualising Africa: Journal of African Cinema. Vol 1, No. 1Issn= 2308-2046. Pp 118 -135.
- Viriri, A. ,Viriri, A &Chapwanya, C. 2011. “The influence of popular music (in particular urban grooves lyrics) on the Zimbabwean youth: the case of the troika; Maskiri, Winky D and Extra Large” Muziki Journal of Music Research in Africa Vol. 8, No. 1. Issn= 1828-5980. Pp 82- 95.
- Member – MSU Entertainment Committee
- Member – International Cultural Diversity Carnival Committee
- Member – Mbira ensemble
- Member – Music and Musicology social committee
- Member – RCZ Senga Church Choir.