A core element of the institute’s programmes and activities
The Institute promotes gender competencies among the Zimbabwean citizenry through:
- Offering a gender module across the university
- Offering short courses which include gender
- mainstreaming, gender budgeting etc.
Coordinating individual and collaborative gender focused research which studies the impact of gender differences on society. This is achieved through:
- Facilitating workshops, symposium and conferences on gender related research.
- Publishing gender focused research in peer reviewed research journals
- Publishing gender interdisciplinary journals and brochures
For Gender Equality
A process intended to bring about change at both the individual and system level. This is done through:
- Increasing community awareness about Gender Related Issues
- Influencing law and policy making
- Improving response to gender inequality issues through public lectures, outreach programmes, public seminars, radio talks and campaigns.
Working with groups, agencies and organizations to strengthen the gender focus of the institute, university and the nation in order to promote the rights of those who are marginalized within society through:
- Preparing gender research proposals for individuals, groups and organisations.
- Conducting individual and collaborative gender focused research
- Building up and running a gender research repository for individuals and organisations.
Working collaboratively with community groups to address gender issues that impact their well-being through:
- Providing referral and counselling services to persons in need.
- Making gender research and teaching more visible in the community through public seminars and lectures.
- Promoting gender responsive programmes, projects and interventions in the communities.
- Contributing to policy briefs and legal acts.
- Promoting gender awareness and empowered communities through increased gender literacy