- Gender Institute celebrated International Women’s day on the 8th of March 2022. This was done in partnership with Women of Africa Trust (WOAZ), Ministry of Women Affairs, Community, Small and Medium Enterprises Development, Women Coalition of Zimbabwe, Musasa Project and YWCA. ZRP Friendly Unity graced the occasion. MSU Deans and staff also attended the event.
- Gender Institute exhibited on the Research and Innovation Expose which was held at the Midlands State University Gweru campus from 21-22 September 2022. During the exhibition, the Institute won an outstanding award for its exhibition.
- Gender Institute conducted field research on Gender Based Violence and Sexual abuse in Institutions of Higher learning in Zimbabwe. The research was conducted between the 27th of May and 3rd June 2022.
- Gender Institute hosted a National Conference on Combating Gender-Based Violence in Tertiary Institutions. The event which ran from 5- 6 October 2022 was graced by Her Excellency Dr Amai Auxillia Mnangagwa.
- The Gender Institute commemorated 16 Days of Activism against Gender Based Violence in partnership with its stakeholders in Gweru District ward 9 at Gamepark B shopping centre on the 9th of December 2022.
- Gender Institute celebrated International Women’s Day on the 30th of March 2021. Flyers with uplifting messages for women were placed on public spaces and noticeboards at all the MSU campuses.
- Gender Institute conducted a Train of trainer virtual workshop for Lecturers who will lecture in gender modules in the Faculty of Business Sciences on the 8th of July 2021.
- Gender Institute conducted an awareness campaign on GBV and sexual harassment on the 10th of September 2021 at Gweru campus where Referral pathways within the University where highlighted to the students.
- Gender Institute held a GBV and Sexual harassment awareness campaign for students at Zvishavane Campus on the 18th of September 2021.
- Gender Institute Partnered with Zimbabwe Red Cross Society on mental health awareness and GBV at Gweru main campus, Batanai and Graduate School of Business Leadership on the 23rd of September 2021.
- Selected members of the Gender Institute attended a Master Training Workshop on Comprehensive Sexuality Education for students in Higher and Tertiary Education Institutions on 28 September to 1 October 2021. The Training was organised in partnership with UNESCO and was held at Management Training Bureau Msasa in Harare.
- Gender Institute made a presentation on gender issues during the Breast cancer awareness which was held at Gweru main campus at the Students Resource Centre on the 22nd of October 2021.
- Gender Institute together withMarketing and Communications hosted the Joint Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Higher and Tertiary Education during a fact finding mission on Sexual harassment within the University. The event was held on the 2nd of November 2021 at Gweru main campus and was attended by both staff and students.
- Gender Institute in partnership with several stakeholders held commemorations of 16 days of Activism against Gender Based Violence in Chiwundura, at Gambiza business center in Gweru District on the 3rd of December 2021.
- Gender Institute attended Zimbabwe Congress of Trade Union organised 16 Days of Activism against Gender based Violence, World Aids Day and International Human Rights commemorations held on the 11th of December 2021 at the ZCTU Central Region Offices in
Gender Institute took part in Musasa Project GBV Outreach program which was held at Mkoba 16 shopping centre in Gweru on the 9th of December 2021.
- Gender Institute presented a programme for students level 1.1s and 1.2s at special church services that were held at the three campuses of Midlands State University namely; Zvishavane Campus, School of Social Work Harare campus and the main campus in Gweru. The theme of the programme was: Empowered to reflect, speak out and act on issues of activism against Gender based Violence.
- The Gender Institute in partnership with Ministry of Women Affairs Midlands Province held commemorations of 16 days of Activism against Gender Based Violence at Chiwundura, Muchakata Business Centre in Gweru District where hand sanitizers were distributed as donations to community members.
- 16 Days of Activism against Gender Based Violence Commemorations were held at Midlands State University Great Hall.
- Gender Institute held a virtual symposium in collaboration with CCMT which was live streamed in the MSU Senate room.
- Gender Institute joined the rest of the University in celebrating 16 days of activism against gender based violence where flyers were posted for the University community while staff members from the Institute put on T-shirts and caps with awareness messages.
- Community engagement exercise was held where members from the Institute visited five secondary schools in Mberengwa district to raise awareness on sexual harassment and reproductive health.
- Gender Institute organized and participated in a march to raise awareness on sexual harassment from the main campus to the Graduate school in Gweru. A public lecture addressed by the Gender Commissioner was later on held.
- Gender Institute joined other stakeholders in celebrating the International Day of the Girl Child at YWCA in Gweru.
- A workshop on gender mainstreaming was held in Bulawayo and Harare for Environmental Management Agency (EMA) Officers drawn from different provinces.