The BSc Honours in Chemical Technology programme hopes to achieve the following broad objective:-
- Develop skills and attitudes that will enable them to participate actively in the development of the country.
- Develop professionals who can utilize natural resources (agriculture, mining, water, air) for the benefit of the country.
- Develop research and innovative skills which are lead to production of goods and services
- Produce professionals who are innovative and capable to create employment for themselves.
- Positively impact on the life of ordinary people worldwide.
In order to qualify for normal entry to a Bachelor of Science Honours Degree Programme in the Department of Chemical Technology, a prospective student must satisfy the Entry Regulations specified in the General and Faculty of Science and Technology Regulations.
The student must have obtained a Pass at A level in Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics and any one of the following subjects or their equivalents:
Biology, Computer Science, Food Science.
After completing the programme graduates will be open to the following opportunities;
- start a chemical manufacturing business.
- work in chemical industry as a technical business analyst, production manager (supervisor), product development chemist/manager, quality controllers, quality assurance managers
- work in public sector such as customs as chemical experts
- pollution control, industrial development organisations and laboratories.
- join the Police as Forensic Scientist
- work as chemists in food, metallurgical, sugar refinery, pharmaceutical, textile, paint, agrochemicals, plastics, rubber and allied, pulp and paper, mining industries and agriculture, water and effluent treatment plants.
- Work in research and development Departments in industry and research institutes