To grow the university to 10 faculties with 35000 students by 2023, which growth would be supported by appropriate teaching, learning, and research facilities.
Vision of the University
To be a leading, innovative, entrepreneurial and technologically driven world-class university, which is unique, development-oriented, pace-setting and stakeholder-driven, producing internationally acclaimed graduates for the empowerment of society and creation of wealth.
Guided by its Vision, MSU aims at being a leading internationally respected University which embraces diversity and community engagement whilst at the same time inspiring a spirit of life-long learning. This would be achieved through commitment to:
- A results-based culture premised on performance contracting;
- Student-centered learning through quality and relevant research;
- Teaching and training by means of flexible packaging, work-related learning, community engagement and strategic partnerships with the University’s stakeholders;
- Sustainable socio-economic transformation through industrialization and modernization of the economy;
- The recruitment, motivation, and retention of staff in an environment of a caring University;
- Producing well rounded (holistic) graduates;
- The use of Information Communication Technologies (ICTs) as principal teaching and learning modes of delivery and research;
- Gender mainstreaming by increasing equality and equity in student admissions, staff recruitment and promotion policies;
- Good corporate governance policies and practices;
- Running the University as a business entity;
- Internationalization of higher education and
- Embracing diversity and providing equal opportunities for all.
The University is guided by the following core values;
- Hard work
- Passion for excellence
- Respect for others