MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
POST: ASSISTANT REGISTRAR -FACULTIES
The incumbent has dual reporting detailed as follows;
- The Faculty Assistant Registrar (AR) reports to the Executive Dean of the faculty and provides administrative support to the academic activities of the Faculty.
The AR liaises with academic and other support staff, students in the Faculty, and central administrative staff, to define and deliver an appropriate level of service.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A holder of a Bachelor’s degree is a must.
- Possession of a Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working as an Administrative Assistant or in an administrative role.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good computer skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as the first point of contact for enquiries to the Faculty Office from student, staff and the public, either in person or by telephone and to help in recruitment of new students.
- Acts as a first point of contact for Faculty staff and student seeking advice on regulatory and procedural matters.
- Processes and prepares for sessional examination results for the Faculty Board of Examiners and the Academic Board.
- Secretary to Faculty and University committees as well as board of associate colleges in the faculty.
- Maintains administrative procedures in relation to student registration, teaching and assessment, using the student database as appropriate.
- Provides support to academics with respect to travel and excursion arrangements.
- Organises and coordinates seminars, workshops, guest lectures and other functions in liaison with other University departments.
- Updating the Faculty notice boards for staff and student.
- Conducts class visits to ensure that only bona fide students of the Faculty attend lectures.
- Preparing for graduation ceremonies accordingly that is, producing a comprehensive list of graduands and presenting them to the Executive Dean when they are to be capped.
- Generating the teaching timetable in liaison with the Administrator of the master teaching timetable.
- Chief invigilator during examination sessions.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of secretarial staff and Administrative Assistants in the Faculty.
- Working with the Human Resource Section on faculty related issues.
- Conducting any other duties as assigned by the Executive or Registrar.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
This advert will remain active until all the advertised posts have been filled.
Applicants should clearly state the post being applied for in the subject line. It should also be noted that non-adherence to any of the above instructions will automatically cause the application to be disqualified.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org