APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM SUITABLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED PERSONS FOR THE FOLLOWING FULL-TIME POSTS:
The duties and responsibilities of a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate
Professor/Professor and Staff Development Fellows are grouped into 5 main categories which are:
(a)Teaching–the incumbent is expected to teach or deliver lectures in accordance to the
Department and or Faculty guidelines and standards.
(b)University Service and Community engagement–the incumbent should participate in all Department, Faculty/School and University activities such as attending meetings, training workshops, conferences and seminars, among others.
(c)Research–the incumbent is expected to engage in active research in his/her area of specialization which benefits both the students and the University.
(d)Innovations–leading to tangible products and services
(e)Industrialisation–through commercialization of products
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND GEOSCIENCES, ZVISHAVANE CAMPUS
DEPARTMENT OF FUELS AND ENERGY ENGINEERING
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor (1 Posts)
- A first degree in Electrical Power Engineering with at least a 2.1 pass
- MSc/MEng/MTech in Electrical Power engineering/Renewable Energy
- PhD in Electrical/Renewable Energy Engineering is an added advantage
- Professional Board registration is an added advantage
- Proven industrial, lecturing experience is an added advantage
Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate must be able to supervise undergraduate and post graduate students’ research work, assess students on work related learning and actively participate in the Departmental Research activities. The successful candidate must also be able to teach the following modules;
- Electrical Power Systems
- Electrical Machines
- Power Systems Analysis
- Workshop Practice
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor (2 Posts)
- A first degree in Electronic Engineering with at least a 2.1 pass
- MSc/MEng/MTech in Electronic/Electrical Engineering
- PhD in Electronic/Electrical Engineering is an added advantage
- Professional Board registration is an added advantage.
- Proven industrial experience is an added advantage
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate must be able to teach Power Electronics; Signals and Systems, Analogue Electronics and related modules. The candidate must also be able to supervise undergraduate and post graduate students’ research work, assess students on work related learning and actively participate in the Departmental Research activities. The successful candidate must be able to teach
- Signals and Systems Engineering
- Communication engineering
- Digital and Signals Processing
- Communication and Network Engineering
- Wireless Networks
- Microwave Engineering
Technician/Senior Technician- Fuels and Energy (1 Post)
- A BTech/BEng/BSc Degree in Fuels and Energy/Renewable Energy
- Vast hands-on experience in workshop practice
- Experience as a trainer or as an instructor at higher education and or tertiary education levels will be advantageous
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate would be required among other things to:-
- Set up a fabrication engineering workshop
- Able to carry out fuel, equipment and instruments testing
- Install, test, commission new energy equipment.
- Repair and maintain fuels and energy workshop equipment/tools.
- Train students and conduct research and any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full names, date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to the Deputy Registrar – Human Resource
The application pack should be sent as a single merged pdf file to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should be labelled with the post being applied for.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 02 February 2024. Note that only short- listed candidates will be communicated to.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com