MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
POST: Deputy Director Central Services and Amenities
Qualifications and Experience
- The incumbent should possess a first degree in Commercials or Social Sciences.
- The incumbent should possess a Master’s Degree in any of the following areas:
- Master in Business Management
Master in Business Administration
Master in Strategic Management and Corporate Governance or Equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management position.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic and business plans.
- Excellent communication, people management, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to excel in high-pressure situations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Works with and reports to the Director Central Services, Amenities and Maintenance in the:
- Supervision of University wide cleaning services and co-ordination of routine maintenance of halls, residences, offices and venues in Administration Buildings, Faculty Offices, Great Hall, Lecture Theatres, Hellenic Hall, Staff houses and all University Campuses.
- Day to day management and co-ordination of operations of the Cleaning, Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance.
- Directing, supervising and evaluating Cleaning, Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance staff and coordinating training related to specific tasks and responsibilities.
- Managing of all material and stock required to undertake appropriate cleaning, landscaping and grounds maintenance, and maintaining an asset register of all equipment used by the team together with a replacement schedule and mechanization drive.
- Developing sectional goals and monitoring progress towards their achievement.
- Managing the financial budget and expenses of the Cleaning, Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Sections, and implementing cost-cutting methods accordingly.
- Overseeing of office space and guesthouses accommodation services to various University clients and stakeholders.
- Preparation and arrangement of venues for University functions and examinations.
- Assisting in the planning and hosting of special events.
- Management of vendor/supplier relations on campuses.
- Hiring out of facilities.
- Inspecting properties on a regular basis and generating and following up on job cards as and when required.
- Establishing policies, procedures and guidelines to be used in respective sections to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Analysing service requests on a regular basis to identify areas of improvement.
- Producing reports against key performance indicators (KPI’s) detailed in University Strategic Planning documents.
- Secretary to the Space and Office Allocation Committee and the Infrastructure and Facilities Maintenance Committee and other meetings as directed by the University Secretariat.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
Closing date for applications is 22 September 2023.
Applicants should clearly state the post being applied for in the subject line. It should also be noted that non-adherence to any of the above instructions will automatically cause the application to be disqualified.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org