MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
POST: DEPUTY DIRECTOR
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Quantity Surveying or Structural engineering.
- Master’s Degree in any of the above disciplines or a Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ post-qualification experience in the construction industry.
- Possession of a clean class 4 Driver’s license.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Undertake cost analysis for construction project work.
- Advise on performance strategies to optimize project outcomes.
- Arrange for payments upon delivery/completion of project work.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Participate in tender adjudication, contract award, and contract management processes.
- Identify, analyze, and develop responses to commercial risks.
- Prepare and analyze costings for tenders.
- Analyze project outcomes and provide detailed progress work reports.
- Value completed work and coordinate payment processes.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Recruiting of contract workers in liaison with the human resources director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and control projects from the design stage through to completion and handover.
- Liaise with contractors and consultants onsite to ensure compliance with specifications and proper execution of construction procedures.
- Direct construction inspection, project supervision, and monitoring activities.
- Maintain proper filing and organization of projects records for easy retrieval.
- Receive and record construction drawings issued.
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly, and monthly progress reports as directed.
- Ensure adherence to site and occupational health and safety measures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director of Projects.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
The closing date for this advert is 23 February 2024.
Applicants should clearly state the post being applied for in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org