MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
STUDENT AFFAIRS DIVISION
POST: DIRECTOR – HEALTH SERVICES (GWERU CAMPUS)
The Director Health Services is required to be in charge of all Campus Clinics at the Midlands State University. The Director Health Services shall be a University Doctor whose services shall be offered at the University Clinics. The Director Health Services is required to act in due diligence and care in accordance to the Medical and Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe professional standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 Ordinary level passes including Mathematics and English
- MBChB degree.
- Registered with the Medical and Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe (MDPCZ) and in possession of a valid Open Practicing Certificate
- A relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in clinical practice is a must, with at least 2 of these in a managerial position as an added advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director Health Services shall have a dual reporting structure, functionally to the Executive Dean of Student Affairs and professionally to the Executive Dean Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Overall in charge of all the University Clinics and Health personnel.
- Clinical care of students and staff including responding to medical emergencies after hours.
- Examine and produce certificates for all food handlers employed by the University as per Public Health requirements.
- Provide medical examination to new appointments to the University and sport teams.
- Developing, implementing, managing and evaluating overall activities for Health Maintenance, Disease Prevention and Health Promotion on all the University campuses.
- Participating in University Committees that facilitate achievement of work and project objectives of the Health Services Department, Division of Student Affairs and the University community at large as guided by the University Strategic Plan.
- Analysing the effectiveness of programmes; determine need for changes in policies, procedures, techniques and methods within the Health Services and submitting recommendations to the Executive Dean of Students.
- Resource budgeting, allocation and overall management within the Health Services Department.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Dean of Students Affairs and the Executive Dean Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
The closing date for this advert is 09 February 2024.
Applicants should clearly state the post being applied for in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org