MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
FACULTY OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES
Radio Station (Zvishavane Campus)
Post: Executive Producer (Programming and Continuity) (1 post)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A good first Honours Degree in Communication/Journalism/Media Studies or a postgraduate Diploma in related areas.
- At least three years’ experience in a broadcasting environment is a requirement
- A Master’s Degree in Communication/Journalism/Media Studies will be an added advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The candidate is expected to assist the Station Manager with the Campus Radio Station’s day-to-day administration, production of content, and marketing of radio broadcasting services and products. Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Development of events calendar
- Planning for the events calendar and events for revenue generation
- Guiding production and development of content that has the potential to generate income for the station from Producers and Presenters
- Supervising Producers/Presenters to meet content requirements
- Marketing the station and its productions to prospective partners, grant providers, advertisers and sponsors
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
This advert will remain active until all the advertised posts have been filled.
Applicants should clearly state the post being applied for in the subject line. It should also be noted that non-adherence to any of the above instructions will automatically cause the application to be disqualified.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com