MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Department of Food Science and Nutrition
Post : Laboratory Assistant (1 Post)
Qualifications and Experience
- National Certificate in Food Science or relevant technical field.
- National Diploma in Food Science or equivalent is an added advantage
- A minimum of five (5) Ordinary levels including Mathematics, English and Science are a must.
- Relevant working experience in a laboratory environment a must.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in preparing and running practicals for undergraduate and postgraduate modules.
- Assisting in procurement of reagents, equipment and services for the department.
- Assisting in the general maintenance of laboratories in the department
- Assisting in the calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Carry out laboratory housekeeping.
- Any other business assigned by the department.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
The closing date for this advert is 09 February 2024.
Applicants should clearly state the post being applied for in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org