- PhD Sociology (UNISA)
- MSc Sociology and Social Anthropology (UZ)
- BSc Sociology (UZ)
Labour Migration, Gender and Work, Survival Strategies and Employee Diversity.
- Hungwe, C. 2015, When in Joburg relatives show their true colours: the changing role of the family as a source of social capital among Zimbabwean migrants in Johannesburg, Nordic Journal of Migration Research, 5 (3):143-151. DOI: 10.1515/njmr-2015-0017.
- Hungwe, C. 2015, The uses of social capital among Zimbabwean migrants in Tembisa and Kempton Park, South Africa. Africa Review. http://dx.org/10.1080/09744053.2015.1030868
- Hungwe, C. 2014., Zimbabwean migrant entrepreneurs in Kempton park and Tembisa, Johannesburg: challenges and opportunities, Journal of Enterprising Culture, Volume 22 (3) (September 2014):349-373. http://dx.org/10.1142/S0218495814500150
- Hungwe, C., Gelderblom, D. 2014, Understanding the social exclusion of Zimbabwean migrants in Johannesburg, South Africa. Journal of Community Positive Practices XIV (1), 2014:75-91. Available at www.jppc.ro/reviste/JCPP.Nr.12014/articole/art07.pdf.
- Hungwe, C. 2013, Survival strategies of Zimbabwean migrants in Johannesburg. Journal of Community Positive Practices Xiii (3):52-73. Available at www.jppc.ro/reviste/JCPPNr.3 2013/articole/art04.pdf.
- Hungwe, C. 2012, The migration experience and multiple identities of Zimbabwean migrants in South Africa. Online Journal of Social Sciences Research 1(5), August: 132-138. Available at www.onlineresearchjournals.org/jss/cont/2012/aug/htm.
- Hungwe, C. 2012b, Contagion or calculated rationality? Rethinking crowd behaviour in recent xenophobic outbreaks in South Africa: explaining the killing of Farai Kujirichita in the Diepsloot township of Johannesburg, South Africa. Lwati: A Journal of Contemporary Research 9 (4):128-142.
- Hungwe, C. 2011c., A Review of the Challenges and Survival Strategies of University workers during the economic crisis: A case study of the Midlands State University (MSU) Workers in International Journal of Psychological Studies (IJPS) December 2011 3 (2): 249-265. Dec 2011. Available at: http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ijps/article/view/11284
- Hungwe, C. 2011b, ’Small Houses’: Disruptions or Re-Ordering Sexuality in Zimbabwe? JeNda A Journal of Culture and African women’s Studies. Number 19: 59-69, December 2011. Available at : www.africaknowledgeproject.org/index.php/jenda/article/view/636
- Mutambara, S. and Hungwe, C. 2011, Challenges of Employee Retention in two Non-Governmental Organisations operating in Zimbabwe. The Dyke 5 (1): 65-86.
- Hungwe, C. 2011a, The meaning of institutionalisation to older Africans: A case study of a Zimbabwean old people’s home. Electronic Journal of Psychology (EJAP) 7 (1): 37-42. http://ojs.lib.swin.edu.au/index/php/ejap/article/viewFile/219/240
- Hungwe, C. 2010b, Just Joking? Investigating Sexual Harassment in a Department Store in Gweru, Zimbabwe. LWATI Journal Volume Number 1:363 – 379.
- Hungwe, E. and Hungwe, C. (2010), Nationhood and Women in Post colonial African Literature” Journal of Comparative Literature and Culture 12 (3): 1-6. Available at: http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1460&context=clcweb
- Hungwe, E & Hungwe, C. 2010, Interrogating Notions of Nationhood, Nation and Globalisation in Postcolonial Africa: A Textual Analysis of Four African Novels. 452’F Journal of Literature.
- Hungwe, C. 2010a., Evaluating older persons’ perceptions on their quality of life in an old people’s institution: A Zimbabwean case study”. Journal of Applied Gerontology 29 (3): 333-351. Available at: www.jag.sagepub.com/content/29/3/333
- Kasayira, J.M., Chipandambira, K. S. and Hungwe, C. 2007, Stressors faced by university students and their coping strategies: A case study of Midlands State University Students in Zimbabwe. 37 ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in education conference FIA-22 10-13 OCTOBER, 2007. Milwaukee, WI. 1-4244-1084-3/07. Available at: Available at : http://remo.det.uvigo.es/pkms_ike/library/index.php/articleHome/view/6564
- Kasayira, J.M. Chipandambira,K.,. Hungwe, C. And Mupawose. 2007, Stressors and coping Strategies of State University Students in a Developing Country. Journal Of Psychology In Africa 17 (1):45-50. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14330237.2007.1082143.
- Hungwe, C. 2007, The Effectiveness Of Practising Urban Agriculture As A Survival Strategy Among Gweru Urban Farmers In Zimbabwe. Urban Agriculture Magazine Number 18 August 2007.
- Hungwe, C. 2006, Putting Them In Their Place: Respectable And Unrespectable Women In Zimbabwean Gender Struggles. Feminist Africa Volume 6: 33-47. Available at: www.agi.ac.za/sites/agi.ac.za/files/fa_6_feature_article_3.pdf