Prof E Chauraya
Executive Dean : Faculty Of Education
- Doctorate in Education (Comparative and International Education). Title of thesis- Implementation of Gender Policy Programmes in Zimbabwe Universities), University of South Africa (2012)
- Masters in Education ( 2000) University of Zimbabwe
- Bachelor of Education (1995) University of Zimbabwe
- Certificate in Education (1986) University of Zimbabwe
- Gender Issues in society
- Gender issues in the curriculum
- Curriculum Development issues
- Gender and Political instability
- Chauraya, E. (2006) ‘An Assessment of the Efficacy of the Tripartite Student Teacher Mentoring Scheme in Zimbabwe’s Masvingo Province,’ Zimbabwe Journal of Educational Research (ZJER). Vol 19, N0. 3: 398-408
- Chauraya, E. (2010) ‘Management of Household Budgets and Gender Violence Among Heterosexual Dual Worker Marriages in Masvingo and Gweru Urban, Zimbabwe’, Zimbabwe Social Science Review, Vol 1, No, 1: 27-41.
- Chauraya, E. (2010) ‘The Zimbabwe Domestic Violence Act (Chapt 5:16): An Elusive Agenda, Zimbabwe Social Science Review, Vol 1,No.2: 69-87.
- Chauraya, E. (2010),’Culture, Gender and Patriarchy: The Tripartite Alliance of Power and Its Impact on the legal Provisions of Black Women in Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe Political Science Review, Vol 1,No.2: 65-80.
- Chauraya, E. (2011) ‘An Investigation into the Extent of Gender Responsiveness of the Student Accommodation Environment and Policy at Midlands State University, Zimbabwe Journal of Educational Research (ZJER, Vol 23, No.2: 131-145.
- Chauraya,E., Matope, N., & Maruzani, N. (2012) Voices of Conflict: Students’ & Lecturers’ Perceptions of the Utility of the Bridging Program at University, US-China Education Review: Vol 2, No 4: 452-461.
- Maruzani, N., Matope,N., &Chauraya, E. (2012),’ Gender Equality from a Gender Budgeting Perspective’, International Journal of Asia Social Sciences, Vol 2, Issue 9: 1627-1640.
- Chauraya, E. (2012) ‘The African View on Gender and its Impact on Implemented Gender Policies and Programs in Africa’, Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa, Vol 13, No, 3:p 252-261
- Chauraya, E (2012) Images of Zimbabwe Women in the Millennium? A literary analysis of Commuter Omnibus Posters, Nawa Journal of Language and communication (NAWA) Volume 6, Number 2, Dec 2012. p 130-142.
- Chauraya, E. 2013. Gender mainstreaming in Zimbabwe State Universities: Turning Dreams into Reality, Unisa Latin American Report, Vol 29, Number 1, 2013. p39-50.
- Maphosa, C,;Zikhali,J,; Chauraya, E and D. Madzanire, 2013. Students’ Perceptions of the Utility of Pedagogical Approaches Used by Lecturers in Selected Faculties at a Zimbabwean University, Journal of Social Sciences, Vol 36, Number 2, 2013, p113-122.
- Matope, N,; Maruzani, N,; Chauraya, E, and Bondai, B. 2013, Lobola and gender based violence: Perceptions of married adults in Gweru urban, Zimbabwe, Journal of Education Research and Behavioural Sciences, Viol 2, Number 11, November 2013.p 192-200.
- Efiritha Chauraya & Manyike Vivian Tintswalo. 2014. Gender Mainstreaming in Student Admissions in Zimbabwe State Universities: The Gap between Implementation and Ideal Practice. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences (MCSER), Vol 5 No. 8, pp 406-414.
- Chauraya Efiritha, Madzanire Daniel, Maphosa Cosmas & Zikhali Joyce. 2014.How do lecturers teach? Students’ Assessment of Lecturers’ Attributes in a Selected University in Zimbabwe. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, Vol 5 No. 7 pp 307-316.
- Madzanire Daniel, Maphosa Cosmas, Zikhali Joyce & Chauraya Efiritha 2014. Interrogating Students’ Engagement in Academic Work in a Selected University in Zimbabwe. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, Vol 5. No. 16 pp 247-255.
- Matope , N; Maruzani N & Chauraya, E. 2014. Gender dynamics in the performance of Grade 7 certificate of Primary Education Examinations in Gweru Urban District, Zimbabwe. Global Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, Vol 3 (4) pp 168-172.
- Chauraya E. (2013) ‘Gender Discrimination in Transnational Academic Mobility of Lecturers’ The Dyke, Volume 7(3) pp 85-101.
- Chauraya, E (2013). Appraising Gender Equity – Rethinking the African Landscape of Provebia, Journal of African Indigenous Languages and Literature, Volume 1. No. 1 pp 82-95.
- Chauraya, Efiritha (2013)Early Childhood Development Literature: Symbolic Representation and Gender Significance, African Journal of Children’s Literature, Vol. 1 No 2, 2013, pp 19-31.
- Chauraya, Efiritha (2014)Access or inclusion? Conceptualisation and operationalisation of gender equality in Zimbabwe state universities, Perspectives in Education, 32 (4), pp5-20.
- Zikhali, joyce, Chauraya Efiritha, Madzanire Daniel and Maphosa Cosmas, (2015) An Exploration of Factors Affecting Students’ Studies in one Selected University in Zimbabwe, International Journal of Education Science, 9 (2) pp 243-254.
- Chauraya, Efirtha (2013) Theorizing Gender in Film:The case of Mwanasikana, Revisualising Africa: Journal of African Cinema, Vol 1, No 2, 2013 Chauraya, Efiritha (2014) Perceptions about women academic leaders: a reflection of power in higher education, Madirativhenga: African Journal of Language and Literature, vol 1, no. 1, 2014.
Research Based Books:
- Chauraya, E. (2012), Utility of the Tripartite Student Teacher Mentoring Scheme in Zimbabwe: Hopes, Gaps and Challenges Expressed. Lambert Academic Publishing:
ISBN -978-3-659-29185-9. (128 pages). 5 chapters
- Chauraya E. (2015), Gender in Higher Education, published by Africa Institute for Culture, Peace, Dialogue and Tolerance. ISBN -978-0-7974-611 9-2. 6 chapters. (Book currently in print.
Chapters in a Book:
- ‘Understanding Gender’ (Chapter 1) in Introduction to Gender Studies: A Student Guide (2011). Booklove Publishers: Gweru
- ‘Redressing Gender Imbalances’ (Chapter 7) in Introduction to Gender Studies: A Student Guide (2011). Booklove Publishers: Gweru
- Chauraya, E. (2007), ‘ZIVA KODZERO DZAKO: Mhosva Dzapabonde’, Centre for Advanced Studies of African Society (CASAS): Cape Town.