- PhD in African Languages, Stellenbosch University
- MPhil in Arts, University of Zimbabwe
- B .A. Honours in Linguistics and Shona, University of Zimbabwe
- Post Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Education, Midlands State University
- Discourse analysis,
- parliamentary discourse,
- media discourse,
- argumentation discourse,
- appraisal discourse,
- political discourse,
- sociolinguistics and syntax
- Mangeya, H., Mhute, I. and Jakaza, E. (eds.) (2022). Strategic Communications in Africa: The sub-Saharan Africa Context. Routledge.
- Mhute, I., Mangeya, H. and Jakaza, E. (2022). Endangering the endangered: A case of fake Covid-19 news in Zimbabwe. Generis publications.
- Jakaza, E. (ed.). (2019). Argumentation and Appraisal in Parliamentary Discourse: Advances in Linguistics and Communication Studies. IGL Global.
- Complement- Adjunct Distinction in Shona, (accepted for publication), Zambezia: Journal of the University of Zimbabwe, Volume 32, Number 2
- ‘Gricean Implicature and Election Predictions: A Case of the Zimbabwean 2008 Election Campaign’. Southern African Linguistics and Applied Language Studies (SALAS), 31(3): 311-323.
- Nasal assimilation in Shangwe nasal- obstruent clusters: An Optimality Theory Approach, The Dyke: Journal of the Midlands State University, 8(2): 20- 36, (with H. Mangeya)
- ‘Dialogic voices: A Pragma- Dialectical Approach to R G Mugabe’s Ceremonial Speeches.’ In Let’s talk politics. New essays on deliberative rhetoric. Edited by van Belle H, Rutten K, Gillaerts P, van de Mieroop D and B van Gorp. John Benjamins Publishing Company (with M. W. Visser)
- The semantics of graduation in political speeches: A case of Mugabe’s speeches officially opening the Zimbabwean Parliament, UNISA School of Arts Conference Proceedings. UNISA Press. (with M. W. Visser)
- ‘Appraisal in Shona news reporting: A case of the Kwayedza Newspaper in Zimbabwe.’ In Current Trends in Zimbabwean Linguistics: festschrift in honour of K G Mkanganwi. Edited by Mugari V., Mukaro L. and E. Chabata. University of Zimbabwe Press
- ‘Subjectivity’ in newspaper reports on ‘controversial’ and ‘emotional’ debates: A multi-theoretical approach, Language Matters, Volume 47, Number 1.
- ‘Argumentation and Appraisal divergent Zimbabwean parliamentary debates’, In Political Discourse in Emergent, Fragile, and Failed Democracies. Eds. Daniel Ochieng Orwenjo, Omondi Oketch, Asiru Hameed Tunde. IGI Global.
- ‘Transformative Political Rhetoric: Argumentation and Evaluative meanings in Zimbabwean parliamentary debates’, African Journal of Rhetoric, Volume 8: 258- 283.
- Complement- Adjunct Distinction in Shona, 1st University of Zimbabwe Linguistic Society Postgraduate Conference, University of Zimbabwe, May 2005
- ‘This Poll has not Happened Yet’: Temporal Play in Election Predictions, A Discourse Analysis Approach, International Conference of the African Languages Association of Southern Africa (ALASA), University of the Western Cape, South Africa, July 2009
- Dialogic voices: A Pragma- Dialectical Approach to R G Mugabe’s Ceremonial Speeches, Rhetoric in Society 3, Lessius University, Belgium, January 2011 (with MW Visser)
- Argumentation and Appraisal in divergent political debates: A case of the Zimbabwean Parliamentary debates, Department of English: 7th International Conference, University of Botswana, June 2013
- The semantics of graduation in political speeches: A case of Mugabe’s speeches officially opening the Zimbabwean Parliament, UNISA School of Arts Conference 2013, South Africa, October 2013 (with MW Visser)
- Transformative Rhetoric: Argumentation and Evaluative meanings in Zimbabwean parliamentary debates, The African Association for Rhetoric, 5th International Colloquium, Cape Town, South Africa, July 2014.
- A discourse- sociolinguistic study of Midlands State University Shona slang, LSSA/SAALA/SAALT Joint Annual Conference 2015, North West University, South Africa, (with Mirriam Gondwe), July 2015.
- Evaluative reporting of ‘LACOSTE’ and ‘G40’ ZANU PF factions in The Herald and Daily News, LSSA/SAALA/SAALT Joint Annual Conference 2016, University of Western Cape, South Africa, July 2016
- Member of the Editorial and Advisory Board for the Journal: Repositioning the Humanities: Journal of Contemporary Research
- Member of the Quality Control Team, Department of English and Communication, Midlands State University. I am one of the three members in the department that oversees the quality of teaching, examinations and research.
- Coordinator for Masters of Arts in Applied English Linguistics (MAAEL), Department of English and Communication, Midlands State University. I coordinate the teaching and dissertation supervision of the only Applied Linguistics masters in the department.
- Coordinator for Work Related Learning, Department of English and Communication, Midlands State University. I coordinate the supervision, assessment and placement of students.
- Faculty of Arts Representative in Research Board. I represent the faculty on research related issues in the Midlands State University Research Board.