Dr Rosalie Kumbirai Katsande
- Doctor of Philosophy (UZ)
- LLM Women’s Law (UZ)
- LLB (Hons) (UZ)
- Developing theoretical and methodological approaches to the analysis of the legal aspects of women’s participation in commercial activities in Africa.
- Katsande, R.K. et al. (2011). Awakening Potential: A Feminist Pedagogical Approach to Teaching and Research. In Tsanga, A.S & Stewart, J.E. (Eds.) Women and Law, Innovative approaches to teaching, research and Analysis. United Kingdom: Weaver Press
- Stewart, J and Katsande, R.K (2012) Anne Stewart: Gender, Law and Justice in a Global Market. Journal of law and Society Vol 39 No 4 pp639 – 649
- Hellum, A. and Katsande R.K (2015) Gender, human rights and legal pluralities in Southern Africa: A matter of context and power, in Brems, E. and Corradi, G. Human rights and Legal pluralism, Hart Publishing (CORE)
- Mandipa, E. and Katsande, R.K. (2016).The impact of cultural practices and beliefs on the rights of women: A study of women with disabilities in Buhera District, Zimbabwe. International Journal on Minority group rights, issue 4
Research in Progress
Safe and Inclusive Cities Research to Reduce Urban Violence, Poverty and Inequalities – Research commissioned by IDRC 2013- 2016
- Situational Analysis on the Right to Food – Research commissioned by The Southern African Legal Assistance Network (SALAN) 2008
- An Investigation of Incidences and Level of Xenophobia in Southern Africa. – Research commissioned by The Southern African Legal Assistance Network (SALAN) 2009
- Indigenization and Economic empowerment in Zimbabwe from a Legal Perspective: A Critical Review- Research commissioned by the Business Council of Zimbabwe (BCZ) 2011
- Danida Business Partnership Programme Zimbabwe Legal Aspects – Research commissioned by the Danish Embassy 2013
Community engagement activities
-Special Interests Groups in Zimbabwe organised by the Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission: 25 September 2015, Cresta Oasis Hotel, Harare.
-Workshop participation on Empowerment of the Disability Movement in Zimbabwe: 19 June 2015, Orange Grove Hotel, Chinhoyi.
Suggest a correction
If you'd like to suggest a correction for this profile and you are the owner use the edit button button below. For corrections to another person's profile contact the Webmaster on the email firstname.lastname@example.org or call ext 2132Edit Profile