D.Phil. in Geography and Environmental Studies.
Masters in Environmental Policy and Planning
BA Honours Degree in Geography:
Graduate Certificate in Education.
- Waste management,
- Environmental management,
- Climate change,
- Occupational safety and health
- 2010-Present: Editor-in-Chief of The Dyke Journal of the Midlands State University.
- 2010-Present: Member of the Senate of Midlands State University.
- 2011-Present: Member of the Editorial and Publications Committee of Midlands State University.
- 2003-2009: Faculty representative on the computer committee of MSU.
- 2007-2009: Faculty representative on the library committee of MSU.
- 2009-Present: Member of the Academic and Non-Fiction Writers Association.
- 2011-Present Secretary General of the Zimbabwe Institute of Safety and Health (ZIOSH) -Midlands Chapter.
- Zimbabwe representative on the Geo- Science Information Africa Forum (GIRAF).
Jerie, S., Madondo, M. and Gariwe, S. (2012). Step Ahead Physical Geography Form Three. Longman, Harare ISBN 978-1-7790-3358-1.
Jerie, S., Madondo, M. and Gariwe, S. (2013). Step Ahead Human Geography Form Four. Longman, Harare ISBN 978 177 903 359 8.
Jerie, S., Madondo, M. and Gariwe, S. (2013). Step Ahead Human Geography Form Two. Longman, Harare ISBN 978 177 903 409 0.
Jerie, S., Madondo, M. and Gariwe, S. (2013). Step Ahead Physical Geography Form One. Longman, Harare ISBN 978 177 903 410 6.
Book chapters accepted for publication
Jerie, S. (2015). Urban youth unemployment in Zimbabwe: Nature, challenges and consequences- A book Chapter for the OSSREA book project entitled, ‘Urban Youth unemployment in Eastern and Southern Africa: Nature, Challenges and Consequences.’
Jerie, S. (2015). Milestones in climate change compatible development in selected countries in Eastern and Southern Africa– accepted for the OSSREA book project on Climate Change.
- Jerie, S. (2014). Generation and management of waste electric and electronic waste in Harare and Mutare, Zimbabwe. The Dyke 8 (3): 1-16.
- Jerie, S. and Nyanzou, P. (2014). Solid waste management practices in High Density Suburbs of Zimbabwe: A focus on Budiriro 3, Harare. The Dyke 8(3): 33-49.
- Jerie, S. (2014) Analysis of enterprise profile and composition of solid waste generated in the informal sector of Gweru, Zimbabwe. Journal of Waste Management: 2014:1-13.
- Jerie, S. (2014). Challenges in implementing sound solid waste management practices in the informal sector of Gweru, Zimbabwe. The Dyke 8 (1): 1-23.
- Jerie, S. and Chaka, I. (2014). Integration of environmental impact assessment and environmental management systems in Shell’s EIA Rectification Process in the Gauteng Province in South Africa. The Dyke 8(1): 94-108.
- Jerie, S. (2013). Quo vadis solid waste management legislation in the informal sector of Harare. The Dyke 7(1):32-48.
- Jerie, S. (2013). Ergonomic hazards associated with small scale mining in Southern Africa. International Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences and Technology 15(2): 8-17. [Paper presented at the IGCP/UNESCO Workshop 27-30 June 2012 in Ghana]
- Jerie, S. (2012). Occupational health and safety problems among workers in the wood working industry of Mutare, Zimbabwe. JETEMS: 3 (3): 278-285.
- Jerie, S. and Mangizvo, R. (2012). Regulating or banning plastic bags in Zimbabwe: A contentious debate OSSREA Bulletin 9 (3): 24-30.
- Jerie, S. (2012). Analysis of occupational hazards among workers in the construction industry of Harare, Zimbabwe. The Dyke 6 (3):72-84.
- Jerie, S. and Ncube, F. (2012). Leveraging employee engagement for competitive advantage in the hospitality industry: A comparative study of hotels A and B in Zimbabwe. JETEMS 3 (4): 380-388.
- Rajah, N., Rajah, D. and Jerie, S. (2012). Challenges in implementing an integrated environmental approach in Zimbabwe. Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences 3 (4):408-414.
- Jerie, S. and Ndabanigi, T. (2011). The impact of rainfall variability on rain-fed tobacco in Manicaland Province of Zimbabwe. Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa 13 (1): 241-250.
- Jerie, S. and Mangizvo, R. (2011). ‘The transition from A-Level geography to undergraduate studies in geography and environmental studies: A focus on Midlands State University.’ International Research Journals: Educational Research 2(6): 1219-1224.
- Jerie, S. (2011). Gender and solid waste management in the informal sector of Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. The Dyke 5(1): 46-64.
- Jerie, S. and Matanga, E. (2011). The effectiveness of ethno-science based strategies in drought mitigation in Mberengwa district of Southern Zimbabwe. Journal of Sustainable Development in Zimbabwe. 13(4): 395-409.
- Jerie, S. and Munyavi, G. (2011). The utilisation of computer technology in environmental studies at Midlands State University, Zimbabwe: A focus on the departments of Geography and Environmental Studies and Surveying and Geomatics. Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa 13 (3): 150-164.
- Jerie, S. and Mangizvo, R. (2011). ‘Is dollarization the panacea for Zimbabwe’s economic challenges?’ The Dyke 5 (1): 104-111.
- Jerie, S. and Dhliwayo, P. (2010). Analysis of nature benefits in conservancy- edge communities: A focus on the Save Valley in Zimbabwe. UNISWA Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology 13 (2): 134-143.
- Jerie, S. (2010). Journey to work: Modal Split in Mabelreign Suburb of Harare. East African Social Science Research Review 26 (2): 93-107.
- Jerie, S. and Sibanda E. (2010). The environmental effects of effluent disposal at gold mines in Zimbabwe: A case study of Tiger Reef Mine in Kwekwe. Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa 12 (3): 51-69.
- Jerie, S. (2010). The role of socio-economic processes in residential differentiation of Harare. Zimbabwe Social Science Review 1 (1): 6-14.
- Jerie, S. and Mugiya, S, S. (2010). ‘The effectiveness of basin tillage on maize production in semi-arid Dayataya Ward of Southern Zimbabwe.’ Journal of Sustainable Development Africa 12 (4):28-40.
- Mangizvo, R.V. and Jerie, S. (2010). The New Green Revolution for Sub-Saharan Africa: Can it alleviate Sub-Saharan Africa’s food insecurity? Fort Hare Papers: Multidisciplinary Journal of the University of Fort Hare 16:17-27.
- Chigurah, C. and Jerie, S. (2010). Analysis of veld-fire incidents in Makoni and Chimanimani districts of Zimbabwe using GIS, Remote Sensing and Public Domain Data. Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa 12 (7): 13-39.
- Jerie, S. (2010).The role of the church in sustainable environmental management in Zimbabwe: A case study of the Bulawayo Archdiocese of the Roman Catholic Church. Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa 12 (8): 219-226.
- Jerie, S. (2010). Armed conflict and its impact on the Environment in Central and Southern Africa. OSSREA Bulletin 7 (1): 42-48.
- Jerie, S. (2009). Delimiting spheres of influence of Gweru and their role in the development planning of the Midlands province of Zimbabwe. OSSREA Bulletin VI (3): 58-67.
- Jerie, S. (2007). Landfill site selection in Gweru: A geographical information systems approach. OSSREA Bulletin 4 (3): 35-40.
- Jerie, S. (2006). Analysis of institutional solid waste management in Gweru, Zimbabwe. East African Social Science Research Review Journal of Agriculture Science and Technology 22 (1):103-125.
- Jerie, S. (2006). Environmental problems in Gweru and Kwekwe: A focus on domestic solid waste management. UNISWA Journal of Agriculture Science and Technology 9 (2): 179-185.
- Jerie, S. (2005). Sound sanitary land-filling in Harare and Gweru, Zimbabwe. OSSREA Bulletin 2 (3):78-87.