Dr Tavagwisa Muziri
Position: Senior Lecturer
Department: Agronomy and HorticultureShare Profile Search on Google Scholar
- PhD Horticultural Sciences (2016), Stellenbosch University
- MSc Crop Production (2009), Africa University
- BSc Crop Science (2001), University of Zimbabwe
- Fruit Science
- Organic Agriculture.
- Muziri, T, Theron, K.I., Cantre, D., Zi Wang, Verboven, P., Nicolai, B.M and Crouch, E.M. 2016. Microstructure analysis and detection of mealiness in ‘Forelle’ by means of X-ray computed tomography. Postharvest Biology and Technology. (under review).
- Muziri, T., Theron, I. K., Crouch. b I. 2015. Mealiness development in ‘Forelle’ pears (Pyrus communis L.) is influenced by cell size. Acta Hortic. 1094: 515-523.
- Madhara Temba Mabarani, James Chitamba and Tavagwisa Muziri. 2012. Fresh leaf yield and flowering responses of Brassica juncea varieties to varying nitrogen levels. International Journal of Agronomy and Agricultural Research (IJAAR) ISSN: 2223-7054
- Muziri. T. 2009. Farm management challenges for a country in transition: A case of Zimbabwe. Journal of International Farm Management Vol 4(4). ISSN 18162495.
- Muziri. T and F.Tagwira. 2008. Changing adversity to assets: Biofuel generation capacity of developing countries. Implications of climate change for agricultural production systems in ACP countries. CTA. The Nertherlands. ISBN: 9789290814160.
- Pahla, I., Tagwira, F., Muziri, T. and Chitamba, J. 2013. Effects of pH, nitrogen and phosphorus on the establishment and growth of Moringa oleifera. International Journal of Agriculture and Forestry 2014, 4(3): 211-216 DOI:10.5923/j.ijaf.20140403.11
- Pahla, I., Muziri, T., Chinyise, T., Muzemu, S. and Chitamba, J. 2013. Effects of soil type and different pre-sowing treatments on seed germination and seedling vigour of Acacia sieberana. International Journal of Plant Research 04/2014; 4(2):51-55.
- Innocent Pahla, Martin Moyo, Simbarashe Muzemu, Tavagwisa Muziri. 2014. Evaluating the effectiveness of botanical sprays in controlling aphids (Brevicoryne brassicae) on rape (Brassica napus L.), International Journal of Agronomy and Agricultural Research, Vol. 5, No. 1, p.1-6,
- Pahla, I., Muziri, T., Muzemu, S. and Chiedza, C. 2013. Effect of different sucrose concentrations on the vase life of different protea cultivars (Protea leucadendron and leucospermum). International Journal of Biosciences. ISSN: 2220-6655, Vol. 3, No. 9, p.208-213.
- Muziri. T. 2011. Organic Horticulture: Current Trends, Challenges and Opportunities for the Future: Proceedings of the International Horticulture Conference, Bihar, Patna, India from the 22-26. June 2011.
- Muziri .T and T. Madanzi. 2008. Can Organic Farming Be The Panacea For Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions: Moving Towards Mitigating Global Climate Change. Proceedings of the India Organic 2008 Trade Fair. 27–30 Nov 2008. IARI, PUSA Campus, New Delhi. ISBN: 9788185873473.
- Muziri, T., Theron, K. I and E. M. Crouch. 2013. ‘Forelle’ pear mealiness development as influenced by cell size. Paper presented at the 12th International Pear Symposium held in Leuven, Belgium. 14-16 July 2014.
- Muziri, T., Theron. K. I. and E. M. Crouch. 2013. “Forelle mealiness project presentation”: chosen for the DST Minister’s Budget Vote Exhibition, Iziko Museum, 25 Queen Victoria Street, Cape Town, 16-17 May.
- Muziri, T., Theron. K. I., and E. M. Crouch. 2013. ‘Forelle’ pear mealiness progress report” Postharvest Innovation Programme: Symposium, Spier, Stellenbosch, South Africa. 19- 20 November (presentation and poster (3rd prize)).
- Muziri, T., Theron., K. T and E. M. Crouch. 2012. Near infrared spectroscopy and X-ray computed tomography for the detection of mealiness and internal defects in ‘Forelle’ pears. 2nd International Conference on Postharvest Technology & Quality Management “POSTHARVEST AFRICA 2012”, 26-29 Nov 2012. Stellenbosch University. South Africa.
Suggest a correction
If you'd like to suggest a correction for this profile and you are the owner use the edit button button below. For corrections to another person's profile contact the Webmaster on the email firstname.lastname@example.org or call ext 2132Edit Profile