- Philosophiae Doctor Chemistry( NMMU, RSA)
- MSc Analytical Chemistr, (UZ,)
- BSc Hons Chemical Technology (MSU)
- Cert. Data Analysis for Scientists and Chemical Engineers (NMMU)
- Cert. Theory of Sampling, InnoVenton (SA)
- Postgrad. Dip. Tertiary Education(MSU)
Chemical technological science which can be broken down into the following specific areas:
- Applied synthetic organic chemistry
- Process development
- Continuous flow processing
- Polymer synthesis
- Mambo Moyo, Sikwila Thokozani Lindiwe, Edith Sebata, Benias Chomunorwa Nyamunda, Upenyu Guyo, Equilibrium, kinetic, and thermodynamic studies on biosorption of Cd(II) from aqueous solution by biochar, Research on Chemical Intermediates, 2015
- Nharingo, M. T. Zivurawa, U. Guyo, Exploring the use of cactus Opuntia ficus indica in the biocoagulation–flocculation of Pb(II) ions from wastewaters, Int. J. Environ. Sci. Technol. 2015
- Mambo Moyo, Upenyu Guyo, Grace Mawenyiyo, Ngceboyakwethu P. Zinyama, Benias C. Nyamunda, Marula seed husk (Sclerocarya Birrea) biomass as a low cost biosorbent for removal of Pb(II) and Cu(II) from aqueous solution, J. Ind. Eng. Chem. 2015
- Guyo, U., Mhonyera, J., Moyo, M.,Pb(II) adsorption from aqueous solutions by raw and treated biomass of maize stover- A comparative study, Process Safety and Environment Protection (2014)
- Mambo Moyo, George Nyamhere, Edith Sebata, Upenyu Guyo, Kinetic and equilibrium modelling of lead sorption from aqueous solution by activated carbon from goat dung, Desalination and Water Treatment, 2014.
- Sebata Edith, Nyamunda Benias Chomunorwa, Guyo Upenyu, Moyo Mambo and Zinyama Ngceboyakwethu Primrose, Removal of aqueous natural organic pollutants using mixed mining solid wastes: coal fly ash and iron sludge, International Journal of Scientific Research in Environmental Sciences, 2(6), pp. 220-227, 2014
- Mambo Moyo, Linda Chikazaza, Benias Chamunorwa Nyamunda, and Upenyu Guyo, Adsorption Batch Studies on the Removal of Pb(II) using Maize Tassel based Activated Carbon, J Chem. 2013
- Nyamunda, F. Chigondo, M. Moyo, U. Guyo, and T. Nharingo, Hydrogen Peroxide as an oxidant for organic reactions: A review, J. Atoms and molecules, 2013: 3(1), 23-44
- Guyo, NP. Zinyama, and E. Sebata, Utilisation of low cost adipose tissue waste as a source of stearic acid for use in rubber activation, Eng. Scie. Tech. An Int. Journal,3(1): 2013
- Guyo, M. Moyo, B. Nyamunda, M. Shumba and F. Chigondo, Determination of trihalomethanes in raw and treated water supply to a local in Zimbabwe. Int. J. Eng. Research & Tech. 2013: 2(2)
- Nharingo Tichaona, Muzondo N. Maria, Mudungwe Emaculate, Chigondo Fidelis, Guyo Upenyu, Nyamunda Benias, Isotherm study of the biosorption of Cu (II) from aqueous solution by Vigna Subterranea (L.) Verdc Hull, Int. J. Scientific and Tech. Research, 2013: 2(4), 199-206.
- Sebata, M. Moyo, U. Guyo, NP. Ngano, F. Chigondo, V. Chitsa, M. Shumba, Adsorptive removal of atrazine from aqueous solution using bambara groundnut hulls (Vigna Subterranean), Int. J. Eng. Research & Tech. 2013: 2(5), pp. 312-321
- Fidelis Chigondo, Piwai Shoko, Benias C. Nyamunda, Upenyu Guyo, Mambo Moyo, Maize Stalk As Reinforcement In Natural Rubber Composites, International J.. Scie. & Techno. Research 2(6), June 2013, 263-271
- Chigondo, U. Guyo, M. Shumba, F. Chigondo, M. Moyo, B. Nyamunda, T. Nharingo, Synthesis and characterisation of zeolites from coal fly ash (CFA), ESTIJ, Vol.3, No.4, August 2013, 2250-3498
- Guyo, M. Chigondo, M. Shumba, F. Chigondo, M. Moyo, B. Nyamunda, T. Nharingo, Utilisation of Coal Fly Ash Zeolites in the Removal of Copper (II) Ions from an Aqueous Solution, ESTIJ
- Shumba, M. Chigondo, U. Guyo, F. Chigondo, M. Moyo, B. Nyamunda, T. Nharingo, Synthesis and utilisation of Coal Fly Ash Zeolites in the Removal of Copper (II) Ions from an Aqueous Solution: A Review
- T Mukoko, M Mupa, U Guyo, F Dziike, Preparation of Rice Hull Activated Carbon for the Removal of Selected Pharmaceutical Waste Compounds in Hospital Effluent, J Environ Anal Toxicol S, 2015
- Guyo, T. Makawa, M. Moyo, T. Nharingo, B.C. Nyamunda and T. Mugadza, Application of response surface methodology for Cd(II) adsorption on maize tassel- magnetite nanohybrid adsorbent, J. Environ. Chem. Eng. 2015
- Upenyu Guyo*, Kudakwashe Sibanda, Edith Sebata, Fidelis Chigondo, Mambo Moyo, Removal of Nickel(II) from aqueous solution by Vigna unguiculata (Cowpea) pods biomass as a low-cost biosorbent, Sci. Water. Technol.
- Guyo, M. Moyo, Cowpea pods (Vigna Unguiculata) biomass as a low cost biosorbent for the removal of Pb(II) ions from aqueous solution, Environ. Mon. Assess.
- U. Guyo, B. Hlangothi, B. Zeelie “Synthesis of isopulegol methoxyether derivative using an acid resin catalyst, amberlyst-15”, Frank Warren International Conference, Bloemfontein, April 15-18 2012.
- Upenyu Guyo, Joylene Mhonyera, Mambo Moyo, Pb(II) adsorption from aqueous solutions by raw and treated biomass of maize stover-A comparative study, 5th International IUPAC Conference on Green Chemistry, Durban, August 17 – 21, 2014.
- Upenyu Guyo, Daniel P. Otto and Desmond A. Young, Radical copolymerization of styrene and ethyl acrylate using aluminum triflate as a cocatalyst, Catsa Conference, Johannesburg, South Africa October 2014.