- Master of Public Administration [MPA] University of Zimbabwe [UZ]
- Honours in Politics and Administrative Studies UZ,
- Diploma in Education, Seke Teachers’ Training College.
- Local Governance
- Public policy
- Mutasa, F. The Initial years of the implementation of the Basic Education Assistance Module in Zimbawe: 2003-2005. Journal of Public Administration, 2015
- Mutasa, F. The Future of the Basic Education Assistance Module, a poverty alleviation strategy in Zimbabwe. Journal of Public Administration, 2015
- Mutasa, F. Zungura M, and Gurupira C. Democracy and Women Participation in Politics. Journal of Public Administration, 2013
- Javangwe, F. Mutasa, I. Chirisa and J. Bowora. (2013) “A Review of Alternatives to Corporal Punishment: Lessons for Zimbabwe” in Navigating the contours of African Childhood Experiences; Multidisciplinary Perspectives. Academia Press.
- Masunungure, E. and Mutasa, F. “The nexus between disputed elections and a government of national unity” Africa Insight, Vol 41 (41), June 2011
- Masunungure and F. Mutasa. “The State of Political Finance in Zimbabwe” in State of Corruption Report, 2010.
- Local Government Political Dynamics: A paper presented to the Councilors Democratic Forum workshop in Chinhoyi (2009).
- The State of Political Finance in Zimbabwe: A paper presented to SADC on transparency in political finance conference in Johannesburg (2010)
- The funding of Political Parties. A paper presented at a Zimbabwe Election Support Network(ZESN) workshop, the Village, Gweru (2013)
- External examiner for Domboshawa Institute of Manpower Development Department of Politics and Public Management quality control committee member