- Certificate in Education,
- Bachelor of Education (History and Sociology of Education),
- Masters in Sociology of Education
- DED candidate in Comparative Education at University of South Africa (UNISA).
- He has supervised dissertations for diploma and under-graduate studies
- Gender justice in education;
- Gender and research productivity;
- Gender violence and gender and policy issues.
- Kusure, L.P. Mutanda, L, Mawere, D. and Dhliwayo, L. Factors influencing research productivity among lecturers in teachers’ colleges in Zimbabwe SAJEST 2006 Vol 1 No. 2 pp118-123.
- Mawere,D. (2010). Sociology of Education. Module. Zimbabwe Open University, Harare. (5 Units)
- Maruzani, N. Manjengwa, O. Mawere, D. Mugodzwa, T. and Matope, N. Meaning and implications of Gender Budgeting. Discussion Paper No. 115, 2011. School of Economics and finance, University of Kwa-Zulu Natal.
- Thondhlana, S. Mawere,D and Weda, Z. Factors affecting completion of research projects by students: A study of three Zimbabwe Open University regions. Zimbabwe International Journal of Open and Distance Learning. 2011 Vol 1 No. 1 pp71 -78
- Mawere, D. Chauraya, E. Matsa, W. Matope, N. Mugodzwa, T. Maruzani, N. & Mukoni,M. (2011) Introduction to Gender Studies: A Student Guide. Booklove Publishers, Gweru. (9 chapters)
- Mawere, D. Gender Sensitivity among student teachers on teaching practice. Knowledge Platform Journal 2012 Vol. 1 No. 1 pp37 – 52
- Mawere, D. Research publications as a requirement for tenure: Challenges faced by untenured lecturers in Zimbabwe. 2012 Vol. 1 No.1 pp185 – 203
- Katsinde, T. J. Mawere, D. (2012) Citizenship Education and Conflict Transformation Module. Bindura University of Science Education, Bindura. (13 Units)
- Mawere, D. (2013) An Evaluation of the implementation of the National Gender Policy in Teacher Education in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Asian Social Science 2013 Vol/3 No. 2 pp443 – 450
- Mawere,D (2013) An Evaluation of the Nziramasanga Report of Inquiry into Education in Zimbabwe, 1999: The case of gender equity in Education. International Journal of Asian Social Science 2013 Vol/3 No. 5 pp 1077 – 1088.
- Chiromo, A.S., Mutemeri, J., Mawere, D. (2013) Stakeholders’ Perceptions About Causes of Students’ Poor Performance in Secondary Schools in the Lower Gweru Circuit in Zimbabwe. In THE DYKE Vol. 7 No. 1 2013 pp49 – 70
- Mawere,D. & Chitanana, L. (2014) Globalisation and Education in Contemporary Issues in Education. College Press , Bulawayo.2014 (Book Chapter, pp 24 – 39)
- Mawere, D. (2014) Gender Mainstreaming in Education. In Contemporary Issues in Education. College Press, Bulawayo. 2014 (Book Chapter, pp 57 – 72).
- Mawere, P. & Mawere, D. (2018). Challenges encountered in the implementation of inclusive early childhood development in private settings in Gweru: A case study of private preschools in Gweru Zimbabwe. International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies (IJIRAS) Vol.5 No.5 May 2018
Conferences, Seminars and Workshops attended:
- Towards a gender policy in higher education (2000) Montclair Hotel.
- Training programme on gender awareness, Women’s Trust. 14 to 16 October 2005 at MSU.
- Gender Sensitisation workshop Fair Mile Motel Gweru 9 December 2005 organised by women’s’ Institute of Governance, Zimbabwe
- Capacity Building workshop organised by the women’s Institute of Governance Midlands state University Gweru 20-24 February 2006 Zimbabwe.
- Faculty of Education seminar and paper presentation on sexual harassment in institutions of higher learning at Midlands State University 17 July 2006 Zimbabwe.
- Research seminar and presentation on Research and publication skills organised by the Faculty of Education Midlands state University, 12 August 2006, Gweru, Zimbabwe.
- Gender Sensitisation workshop organised by Midlands State University Gweru 28-29 September2006, Zimbabwe.
- Gender Sensitisation Day. 31 October 2007. Venue: Great Hall, MSU.
- 16 Days of Activism against Gender Based Violence, Women’s Coalition of Zimbabwe, 1 December 2007. Fair mile Hotel, Gweru.
- Gender Sensitisation and Empowerment workshop, SHAPE Zimbabwe, 16 May 2008 Venue: The Village Lodge, Gweru.
- Student sensitisation workshop organised by Legal Resources Foundation at Midlands State University Zimbabwe October 2009
- The 8th S Social Sciences Research seminar series at Midlands state University, Gweru, Zimbabwe September 2010.
- Research Board seminar on Research and publication at Midlands state University, Gweru, Zimbabwe August 2011.
- Research Board Seminar on PHD proposal writing 5 December 2011 at Midlands state University.
- Faculty of education research standardisation workshop 18 February 2012
- Legal Resources Foundation workshop on legal empowerment and community Sensitisation Workshop sponsored by Musasa Project September,2013 at Fair Mile Hotel.
- Faculty of education Project standardisation workshop. University Seminar Room 1. 2013.
- Elsevier Research Workshop 27 July 2016. Midlands State University Great Hall