Mr Paul Dumisani Bajilla
Position: Assistant Lecturer
Department: Music Business, Musicology and TechnologyShare Profile Search on Google Scholar
- Bachelor Of Music And Musicology (Honours) Degree with Midlands State University
- Certificate in Professional training programme for Tertiary Education with Midlands State university. Faculty of Education.
- FTCL in Composition (Trinity College of London)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Education with Midlands State University.
- Musicology with a thrust in Music Composition (Theory) and performance of African Indigenous research-based compositions;
- Classical music focussing on Orchestration, Conducting and clinical workshops in choral music performance studies.
- Film Music and sound tracking.
Creative Continuum in Music Composition. New perspective: Towards an African theoretical Approach. [ A Book which is pending]
- Ethno-Composition: The significative potential of indigenous music-dance genres as pre-compositional resources.
Paper Presented At 2012 RIE Conference Held At UZ, Harare
Dates: 4-7 September 2012
- Use of indigenous Music Genres in the Teaching of Composition in Zimbabwe: Towards an Indigenous Music Theory Approach.
Paper presented at 39th Annual International Conference of SASE
Date: 4-6 October 2012.
- “Bartokism” in Mnomiya’s selected compositions: In search for identity.
- Dialect, idiom and intraopus style in Mookomba Afro-Jazz music: Reflections on syncretic features and compositional techniques.
- Thematic transformation and controlled pianistic textures in Liszt’s selected compositions.
- Tonal and rhythmic stability as structural rudiments in Mokoomba Afro-Jazz music: A phenomenological perspective.
- Tonal and rhythmic stability as structural rudiments in Franz Liszt’s piano composition, Liebestraume Dreams of love: Syntax, form and unity in Romantic music.
- Choral Music Clinician
- Choral Music Workshop Facilitator
- Composer at National Level
Suggest a correction
If you'd like to suggest a correction for this profile and you are the owner use the edit button button below. For corrections to another person's profile contact the Webmaster on the email email@example.com or call ext 2132Edit Profile